Playing FM22 online with a (remote) friend

Paz7

So I've setup an online FM22 game - and he's in as a manager also. We're both on and works fine.

1. Random question: how do I set the game up (how should he jump into the game) when I'm NOT online (i.e. we want to play a slow game whenever each of us can) - is that the default way it is setup? To confirm: both of us don't have to be online at the same time for the game to work.

2. Assuming the above is true, how do the dates / "continue" bits work - e.g. are we out of synch from a date perspective and it sits on "waiting" for 1 player at a next milestone and waits for other player to catchup?

The only issue with point 1 is the host always having to be in. There is no 'run as server' option anymore so you would have to load the save, let your friend join and then go on holiday so he can continue. Otherwise it will require both of you to press continue to progress any time.
However, this will create another issue when he quits, as you would still be on holiday. If you are the only player still in game and on holiday then time will progress.

Two ways around this would be to share the save file every time you finish a session so either of you can host. Or, ensure your friend doesn't quit until you are back and can end your holiday. (other than setting a manual date for the host to return from holiday)

for point 2. if both players are active (not on holiday) then the game will not progress forward until both players have pressed continue. if you have pressed it and it says 'waiting' that will remain the case until the other player continues too. you will never be out of sync timewise.

• 1 month later...