[FM22] - An International Journey

ashton321

Set of all national football or soccer team jersey of world . Nation flag  mix with clothes style . Vector elements for sport cup international  championship concept . Flat simple design .

I have decided to start a new save where I focus only on International Football this is following on from the superb save from @DodgeeD from a few years ago. I am also using the additions for extra International Competitions that he has created. 

The aim is to win as many tournaments as I can from the World Cup to the lowest competitions that maybe found in Africa or Asia. I will be adding and removing leagues as we go to try and improve the number of Nations that I can play as but initially all International Players will be loaded. 

I will provide yearly updates on how we go. 

Edited by ashton321

image.png.fb2fd07b9ad78113764178af261f1fa4.png

Seychelles - Intro

NlANTNQ.jpg?1

My initial foray into International Management will be with the beautiful African Island Nation of Seychelles. We are presently 200 in the world which is our highest and lowest spot ever. I cant see us getting to the World Cup or even the African Cup of Nations but a good showing would be ideal. We start our campaign with the COFSA Cup which is a competition which brings together the Southern Nations of Africa. We have played one game before I took over which was a 2-0 loss to Angola

Seychelles - 2021

nfFdirO.jpg?1

na4nPQs.jpg?1

We started off in the COFOSA before I took over Angola beat us 2-0. We did well against Botswana but it was not enough to win as we were drawing 1-1

going into the last 10 before a late goal took a point from us. Zambia were one of the best teams in the competition as they battered us 4-0. We did not look like ever being in this game. South Africa were the final team we faced and despite scoring 2 goals we still did not have enough to get a result. We finished bottom of the league and in honest we only looked like getting a point if anything throughout the campaign. 

We then set out into our friendly games. An excellent win over Reunion where we played some superb football was great to see. We then faced The Gambia where we recorded a very good draw. Two good wins over South Sudan and Swaziland followed. We finished off the year with two poor results. I think we should have been doing better against Sao Tome and Cosmoros. Next year we have AFCON qualification so we will see how that goes I am not sure I will get very far. 

RBlCxqK.jpg?1

Seychelles - 2022

QEDWteE.jpg?1

Z6ZQ7iB.jpg?1

Coming into this year the main thing was the AFCON Qualifiers that would be the main aim this year for us. We started off with a friendly against Guiena - Bissau a much better side than us but we put up a decent showing in a 2-1 defeat. We next up played Mayotte a non FIFA nation and we smashed them 3-0.  We then played Mozambique a team maybe a little better than us but one I felt we could beat. It didnt happen as we lost 2-1. 

Then the big games the Prelim games against Liberia we played the first game and just before half time it was 2-1 for us. We then had a centre back sent off. I swapped a striker for a defender and it didnt work as we lost 6-2. We drew the next leg but the damage had really been done in the first leg. We finished the season off with 2 wins in friendlies. 

I am not sure what is next for us now as I dont think we will have competitive games really. I am on the look for potentially another job but its not totally urgent. 

GRuvJPH.jpg?1

Seychelles - 2023

6HwhDQt.jpg?1

Qo2SURc.jpg?1

We began the year off with a poor draw against Sao Tome this type of game we should be winning. We then got beaten 1-0 by Chad. Two massive wins over St Lucia and Cambodia was a very good confidence booster before the busy summer season began. 

First up was the COFASA we beat Maurtias in a very close game but a win is a win. We are not good enough for South Africa as they are much better but a 4-2 result I felt was decent. We took Namibia apart in a massive win, we looked about as good as we have ever been in any game. We finished with a loss to DR Congo but again they are much better. This put us 3rd in the group which I think is respectable for us. 

Next up was Indian Ocean Games. We battered Maldives and Maurtias to top our league table. This put us into the semi finals against a decent Madagascar team, were 2-1 up but conceded two late goals to go out. We rotated the squad for the 3rd place play off and won on pens. 

Ethiopia came next in the African Cup of Nations qualifying prelims. I honestly thought we had a chance but two losses put us out of contention. We then faced World Cup Qualifying and a loss and a draw against Rwanda put us out. 

In the end it was an up and down year where the FA have decided that they are not happy with how we are playing. I am now on the lookout for a new job, they have not sacked me yet but I can see it coming

kXUrpFv.jpg?1 

image.png.8ec56ce6aa17ef0a71d05bcc9c820296.png

Yeman- Intro

SkZDDiO.jpg?1

Its off to Asia and Yeman. I think it is a little bit of a step up for me I have gone up 50 places in the rankings. I have taken up in the midst of a World Cup Qualifying Campaign. We find ourselves in the 2nd round but bottom of it so I don't expect we will be moving onto the next round. They have just been knocked out of the Asian Cup early on. 

Yeman- 2024

YUXGSi9.jpg?1

TQ5NikM.jpg?1

We began the year with the World Cup Qualifiers I think we were already pretty much out so it was just a chance to get to know the squad. First up was Indonesia the team we had most of a chance of beating, we did very well and won. We then got beat by South Korea in a game where we actually played well. We then faced India where we did not turn up as we got smashed. We finished up with a friendly against Thailand but again we did not do well and suffered a loss. 

Next up was Asian Cup Qualifiers. I thought the game against the Philippines was winnable but a huge 4-0 loss was not a good way to start. We drew the next game but the damage had been done. A crazy couple of games against the Maldives was enough to get us through at the second bite of the cherry. 

4E5nWeU.jpg?1

Yeman- 2025

iwfJGCz.jpg?1

pShPhem.jpg?1

First up for us was the superbly named WAFF Championship. Syria were first up they dispatched us with relative ease, before we got a game draw against Oman. We played so much better against Kuwait but we still did not get us the win this put us bottom of the table. 

Next up was the Asian Cup Qualifiers and we had a difficult group. Tajikistan started us off and we got a very good 3-2 away win. Vietnam are the best team in this group and showed it by taking us apart. We had a stupid game then against Afghanistan 5-5 I was pleased with the goals but the defence was terrible. A win over Vietnam and one against Tajikistan was enough to finish our campaign and give us qualification to the actual Asian Cup. 

We finished a long year with the Gulf Cup. Saudi Arabia smashed us in a game where did not deserve 0. We played better against Kuwait but once again just missed out as we were defeated. We drew our last game of the group against a good Iraq side. 

RbHJe67.jpg?1

Yeman- 2026

9sQMsZs.jpg?1

AOny2vw.jpg?1

We were invited into the China Cup for some unknown reason but it was a chance to play some more competitive football. We started off against a very good Turkey side they smashed us 4-1. This put us into the 3rd/4th place play off against the hosts China. It was a very tough game but we just missed out 3-2. 

We smashed Afghanistan in our final Asian Cup Qualifying game, it was a great result but we had already qualified. We finished the year off with a bot of a mixed bag of results in some friendlies where we tried some different things. 

rhEi5b1.jpg?1

Yeman- 2027

4KYZuhD.jpg?1

CmkpP8t.jpg?1

We opened up the Asian Cup against Thailand and we were predictably beaten. We were beating Malaysia until the last minute when they equalised, I was gutted as I felt a win here was something that we could have really done. We finished the campaign against UAE and we were poor and got battered. My time here was up, I felt like I had improved the side a little and we moved a lot in the World Rankings but I dont think we are going to ever get much further

M0n0gtK.jpg?1

Edited by ashton321

4wbvfla.jpg

Uzbekistan- Intro

Em3PiEB.jpg?1

I feel this is a step up for me this is a Nation that I can do something with. They have recently sacked their manager after getting knocked out of the Asian Cup in the Group Stage which was a bit of a surprise. They did qualify for the most recent World Cup but went out in the Group Stage. They have not done that well in Asian Cup in recent times failing to get past the quarter finals. My aim here will be to take them to a World Cup and maybe see what we can do in the Asian Cup. I am hopeful here.