Promotion and relegation playoffs not appearing in the game!

So guys I have one last problem in my journey to create a new nation. I did everything, it was a 2 weeks long process and I cant wait to start my new save. Only problem left is that my competitons (there are 5 leagues) dont have no relegation playoffs neither the promotion ones. Basically I would want bottom clubs in upper league (team that finished next to last team in standings) play playoffs with a team who finished second in the Lower league. I tried everything, watched some YT video on how to do it, did exactly the same but then another problem appeared. If I turn on both promotion and relegation playoffs in divisions sections (which you would normally do, if you want your leagues to have promotion and relegation playoffs??!?!) , when I test the rules error appears saying:

"Relegation playoff in League 1 clashes with promotion/championship playoff in League 2"

How can that be??

In division playoff settings I tried putting only promotions on (without enabling relegation) and when I test the rules  everything is valid. Also when I do vice versa, turning on relegation section without the promotion one and everything is fine. But neither way makes the playoffs appear in game. Only automatic relegations and promotions, without playoffs. Is it so hard to make playoff sistem in between leagues, or is this just an Editor bug? Or am I doing anything wrong... Even though Ive edited a litlle for years, and have created a lot of new competitons with playoffs, but this years editor is hard to play with...

Edited by tommybayern94

There's definitely something wrong with your playoffs. When testing it only checks that everything functions as it should and nothing breaks the game, it doesn't necessarily mean everything works the way you want it to. Also how are you testing basic and advanced rules? Switching back to basic after entering advanced rules should undo all of the changes you make in advanced, so doesn't sound like a good idea at all. Once you switch to advanced you really should stay there.

How exactly do your playoffs work? The error with the League 1/2 clash makes me wonder if you're trying to do a relegation playoff that pulls teams from the lower division and promotion playoffs for teams from the lower division at the same time, that obviously won't work. It either needs to be a single combined playoff, or separate playoffs for each league.

I have to admit I had been going back and forth with Basic/Advanced rules but I still managed to get everything working, and there were a lot of bigger issues to solve in creating a new nation ... And now Im stuck in something I thought I would be done in 10 mins of editoring. 

In Division One I put:

RELEGATION PLAYOFF

"Number of teams from this division in playoff: 1 

Number of teams from lower Division in playoff: 1

Number of teams relegated from playoff: 1"

In Division Two (lower division) I put:

PROMOTION PLAYOFF

"Number of teams in playoff: 2 "

Number of teams promoted from playoff: 1"

And when I test basic rules, error appears saying relegation playoff from Division One clashes with promotion playoff in Division Two

Is there a way to create playoffs?

Edit: Ive loaded the database again (without my editor file) , added Nation Rules to Bosnia & Herzegovina, added first two divisions, went to playoff settings and did the same thing, clicked on test rules and the same error appeared again! 

So its not something with my editor file...

Edited by tommybayern94

From what I can see from your explanation you have set up 2 playoff, a relegation playoff in div 1 and a promotion playoff in division 2, when what you are trying to do is just to have one playoff to do both. 

When trying to to do this, or anything, it's always a good idea to have a look at the advanced rules for an existing league with a similar set up in the editor. In this case I would suggest Germany if you have on 2 teams, Scotland if you want more. I spend a lot of my time when I edit with on old version open so I can just copy the manually rules into my file.

When setting up a rel/prom play off make sure to check the Fate Actions, as this will determine what happens in each scenario.

Edited by nasaiain

you will have to access teh advanced rules fo rthe Bundesliga

League stage has the following qualification rules

image.thumb.png.9f37ed57550937746cdefabb77b365f7.png

image.thumb.png.98c203e5e39f1c953baeed5f66b50c7e.png

Cup stage, has the following teams

image.png.da5a76f396cf4315f2aff60c802c0390.png

with the fate actions set up thus

image.png.d5053c4d925409554a48840b92725b23.png

in 2.Bundesliga the only thing needed in the League stage qualification rules is

image.thumb.png.5e41b829dcfdad06de007751313fbd37.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Finished first season but there are still some problems.

Even though it says there are Playoffs at the end of the season, no playoffs is ever played. Only automatic relegations and promotions.

So Ive figured it must be due to me not knowing how to set up "league fate"

So the question is, where do I change league fate to have my next to bottom club in upper division batlling it out with second best in lower league??? 

Ive got everything right as in numbers of relegation/promotion for each league (Like I said it shows in the game that there are relegation/promotion places for playoffs), even ticked the "League Fate Actions" and set up everything like I would like to but the games are never played. Some help around "Fate" actions to make this work would be appreciated.

Second problem Im having is a weird one, as I logically do NOT want having trialists appearing in official matches, and I unticked it from every league, yet whatever I do, when I enter the game, trialists are allowed to play in official matches.

59 minutes ago, tommybayern94 said:

AZZURIAN REPUBLIC 1407x2.fmf

Here is my editor file

From what I can tell the qualification looks fine. It's just you haven't actually created a playoff. Add a stage 1 to the higher division, like this.

20220724223349_1.thumb.jpg.18c68b806f8e628a9fe77c3a45b41f60.jpg

Set up the requirements page like this to tell it not to set up until the league stage of both the current competition, and the lower division, has finished.

20220724223411_1.thumb.jpg.bdd73874d35319f9c148d2fa9c59b021.jpg

The other comps to add stage to like this (assuming you also have a relegation playoff in the lower division that would be stage 1, so this needs to be 2. If you don't have one in the lower division this should be stage 1 instead)

20220724224110_1.thumb.jpg.a287ed76b3d0f78265ca299748219852.jpg

Set up the Teams and Fate Actions pages as shown above (adjusting names for your competitions) and set up the rounds however you want, eg. single match, 2 legs or whatever.

Add a reference to it in the lower competition's Other Stage Rules > Stages From Other Comps page like this

20220724224523_1.thumb.jpg.5a70a3c48067261fdbda0cb1512cf7ed.jpg

And then you should have a relegation/promotion playoff. One thing to note though, the references need to be the exact same on both sides, eg. if in the league stage teams qualify to the "playoff" then in the playoff stage you need to get teams for the "playoff", if you say "playoffs" in one of them instead it won't recognise it and won't find the teams.

Thanks for your explanation, but Im afraid its over my head. I cant seem to figure it out where do I set 'get teams for playoffs' , I have been working on my fictional country for almost a month now, but I dont have the energy to finish it. 
Its WAAAAAY harder than I remember it being a couple of years ago, read somewhere that they made Editor very complicated in last years, I can confirm its f*n hard to do simple thing... This is just way too complicated for me. I think someone should make a video tutorial how to make a new country through Editor.

If someone has the knowledge to do it, it would be greatly appreciated. 
Cant solve 3 problems:

Relegation/Promotion for each league

2 relegation places for first 2 divisions (1 place for playoff)
*3 relegation places for the bottom 3 divisions (2 places for playoff) - *no relegation playoffs for fifth league because its the last league in country

Trialist allowed in matches (even though I unticked the 'Allow trialist in matches' for every league)

Cant seem to make a U19 League for every club in the country, it only makes one league and its the U19 from the First Division Teams, any lower division team has a U19 Squad but they dont compete in official matches as they dont have a league

to get the teams from the higher league set as follows

image.thumb.png.1bc35c1583900ee527ccb00679c201d6.png

to get the teams from the lower divsion

image.thumb.png.a11c2524934dc25881b201cdd5d4492f.png

Ive attacehd a files with the playoff between the first and second tier set

had a quick play with the U19, first off I can see that all disions are set at level 0, number of teams are not set and the dates are not set, but ive not set a reserves competition up this way so it still only works randomly when i test

790647587_AZZURIANREPUBLIC1407x2 (IAM).fmf

On 25/07/2022 at 09:59, nasaiain said:

to get the teams from the higher league set as follows

image.thumb.png.1bc35c1583900ee527ccb00679c201d6.png

to get the teams from the lower divsion

image.thumb.png.a11c2524934dc25881b201cdd5d4492f.png

Ive attacehd a files with the playoff between the first and second tier set

had a quick play with the U19, first off I can see that all disions are set at level 0, number of teams are not set and the dates are not set, but ive not set a reserves competition up this way so it still only works randomly when i test

790647587_AZZURIANREPUBLIC1407x2 (IAM).fmf 452.34 kB · 1 download

Ive opened your editor file, and tried to test the rules and error appears:

"New stage 1 for Azzuria Liga Royale can't find enough teams to be created. 1 teams found, 2 needed."

I didnt do anything just wanted to see if everything will test good.

Any clue whats wrong here?