Editing a database in 2 languages

I have been creating a Korean database for a few years now, but I have always done it in English. When Korean users want to use my database, all my data shows in their game as English. Of course, the original names of the data are in Korean (from the default SI language files), but anything I have edited is in English. I was planning on finishing up my file in English and then spending a large portion of time translating all my English data into Korean.

The only issue with that is that if I need to edit the file in the future, I would need to edit the English one and the Korean one separately, which would be twice the work. Is there a way to create some sort of language file just for the data so I can keep my main advanced database file in English and I can just leave the Korean translation data as a separate file?

Yes, that would be an lnc file. Have a look under Steam > steamapps > common > Football Manager 2022 > data > database > db > 2240 > lnc

Put a .lnc file there and it should change the in game translations. You can edit those files using Notepad or something similar. I'm not sure about all the codes you'd need to translate everything, but there are a few examples there already. You can just copy the relevant codes over and change English etc. to Korean so it will work for your translation.

One potential issue though is that since it uses the database unique ID numbers to figure out where to apply the change if you've added anything then it may not work correctly if people use your database alongside any others. If you're just changing existing competitions, players etc. though then the ID numbers will be the same regardless so there would be no problem.

Edited by rusty217

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Yes, that would be an lnc file. Have a look under Steam > steamapps > common > Football Manager 2022 > data > database > db > 2240 > lnc

Put a .lnc file there and it should change the in game translations. You can edit those files using Notepad or something similar. I'm not sure about all the codes you'd need to translate everything, but there are a few examples there already. You can just copy the relevant codes over and change English etc. to Korean so it will work for your translation.

One potential issue though is that since it uses the database unique ID numbers to figure out where to apply the change if you've added anything then it may not work correctly if people use your database alongside any others. If you're just changing existing competitions, players etc. though then the ID numbers will be the same regardless so there would be no problem.

Would I need to include the .lnc file with my database in the future? I assume I would have to

10 hours ago, Mediocre_Jake said:

Would I need to include the .lnc file with my database in the future? I assume I would have to

Yes, people would need both the .lnc file and the database file. They'd also need both in the correct locations.