Leadership courses

Any point?

My squad lacks leadership. I've just sent my 20-yr-old left back (leadership: 4) on a course. I don't expect much to change; sub-5 numbers always seem the hardest to improve. Anyway, just wondering about strategies in general. Do these courses help, and in what circumstances?

Personally, I only use it if I don't have a clear captain. But at that point I usually take the team leader with the highest leadership to bump it up. I personally don't think it's a good idea to take training time away from young players to get them up from very low to medium.

45 minutes ago, XaW said:

training time

yeah it occurred to me to wait till the summer break -- it's a 3 month course. In the main, though, I've got a good capt. & vice, but my next-best, who has outstanding leadership, is not only mediocre, but isn't a natural in the positions I play -- he's a good wing back/wide left midfielder, but only accomplished at left-back or AML, and of course not much use for the IW or IF roles there. Then I just have a few around the 10 leadership mark. Trouble is, we're not a big enough club to attract the best players, who often have a higher leadership rating as a kind of bonus.