Competition is verifying but not playing correctly in-game

Shrew82

Hi, i've created a North American structure which now works perfectly as it is, however i really want to add an extra competition but something really wierd is happenning.

So editor testing works fine, and the game can run through for years with no issues with any of the competitions.  The file also verifies... the issue i have is that when I test the file in game, the competition gives the set up dates, etc, but doesn't actually run the competition.

I've attached the latest file in the hope that someone can assist me.  It's not a problem, but it would enhance the enjoyment of my game if i can get it to work.

6 hours ago, rusty217 said:

You never mentioned which competition has the issue.

But, it could be because it's not included on the continent's competitions list maybe?

Thanks Rusty.  Unfortunately, this isn't the problem.  The competition will test fine, and teams will populate it.  When you run it in game you get this....image.png.52e6434ace33325bb6bbc77179e0bf97.png

It could be because some of the dates clash. You've set it to start in 2023, but the date range is July-August, the draw date for the first round is the 31st July and the setup date is the 1st August. Since the setup date is after the start of the date range and the initial draw date it might be pushing the competition back a year, as it shows it will be played in 2024 instead.

Try changing the setup date to the 1st July instead and set the Season Update Day to January or something.

Thanks Rusty.  I think i will change the dates anyway, however I've discovered that its a clash with one (or more) of the nation rules files that i am using.  I am currently testing to see which one(s) is/are affected!