How is this not offisides?

• SI Staff

If I'm reading what you're saying correctly, that striker appears to be just inside his own half and you can't be offside in your own half within the field of play.

If you're referring to something else please explain further and I'm sure someone will be able to help you!

2 hours ago, Jack Sarahs said:

If I'm reading what you're saying correctly, that striker appears to be just inside his own half and you can't be offside in your own half within the field of play.

If you're referring to something else please explain further and I'm sure someone will be able to help you!

Ah, I didn't know that you weren't offsides if you're in your offensive side.  Never played soccer so all I knew was there had to be at least one player between you and the goalie when the ball was kicked.

• SI Staff
35 minutes ago, Bruiser419 said:

Ah, I didn't know that you weren't offsides if you're in your offensive side.  Never played soccer so all I knew was there had to be at least one player between you and the goalie when the ball was kicked.

No worries at all! Don't be afraid to ask questions this forum can be extremely helpful with some brilliant people who I'm sure will be happy to help with any questions you have!

1 hour ago, Bruiser419 said:

The rule is that the player must be "covered" by at least two players, they must be behind him/her. One is usually the keeper, but that is not absolute. Could be two defenders for example.

13 hours ago, Poison said:

The rule is that the player must be "covered" by at least two players, they must be behind him/her. One is usually the keeper, but that is not absolute. Could be two defenders for example.

Ok, thanks.  I think I knew that but never hurts to hear again.