Common Formations Not Available As Preferred Formation

samba23

have noticed that the 2022 pre-game editor has a reduced number of formations available to choose from as a team or manager's preferred formation compared to previous versions of the editor. 

Football Manager has a lot of possible pre-set formations to choose from, many of them are only available to choose as a defensive or attacking formation in the editor in the team/manager preferred formation choices. Some of these make sense, i.e. an extremely attacking or defensive formation would not be a manager's default formation and would only be used as a tactical change late in a game. 

However, many common formations are now only available to choose as an attacking/defensive formation and cannot be chosen as a default formation option. For example, 4-2-3-1 DM AM Wide is probably one of the most common formations used, 2 DM's, AML, AMC, AMR, but is only available as an attacking formation.

In the 2021 Editor there are 47 available default formations but in the 2022 Editor there are only 28 available as default. 

This affects me personally as many of my custom created teams and managers had formations pre-set in previous editor versions, those of which are not one of the 28 now available have now all been reset to the default 5-3-2 WB setting.

Furthermore, it doesn't make sense to be to have such a restrictive set of options available for anyone else wanting to have formations pre-set in the pre-game editor, when only a few of the overall formation options would be described as extremely attacking or defensive and would therefore make sense not to be available as a default formation.

Please can this be fixed, as I personally have had a lot of time and work spent pre-setting formations essentially for them to be wiped away by the 2022 editor.

Regards

Samba

• 8 months later...