French cup overseas clubs

Darrylv444

@Darrylv444

If you leave aside that the teams of the overseas territories of France, except in very rare exceptions, do not even come under the top 16 and have almost no chance to win this cup.
The FM automatically excludes clubs that are not from the nation of the competition from qualifying for the international competitions. An example would be the Japanese club that plays in Singapore. Whether then the loser of the final or the next placed in the table gets the place, I can not tell you.

True, I'm used to editing North America where the continental rules are hard-coded in a weird way and it doesn't follow the rules you'd think it should. But yes, Europe probably has a one-size-fits-all approach where the "nation" or "based nation" prevents them from taking that spot. You've saved me from finally running a test where I put Messi, Ronaldo, Kante etc on, say, CS Moulien from Guadeloupe (while simultaneously bankrupting and taking all the players from PSG, Monaco and other French big guns)

EDIT: What about Cardiff/Swansea? They qualify through England but must have "nation" or "based nation" set to England? I guess if you did that with the overseas clubs to France, it might affect whether the game pulls them into the Caribbean or Oceania continental comps

Edited by themodelcitizen

Cardiff qualify for European competitions as an English nation. The "Continental Cup Nation" is the only one that matters in this regard.

Nation: What league system they can play in. You'll get errors if a team's nation is different to that of their league.
Based Nation: Where their newgen players come from
Continental Cup Nation: How they're treated for European competitions. They'll use that nation's qualification system, regardless of the nation they're playing in. So a team with a different continental cup nation to the league they're playing in would be ineligible for European places in that league. Same for cups. If they play in cups of their continental cup nation they could still qualify through that, even if their league is from a different nation though (eg. Liechtenstein teams in Switzerland can't qualify for Europe regardless of how well they do in the league but can by winning the Liechtenstein Cup). It also determines which flag is shown next to the club in continental competitions and which nation any coefficient points they earn will be given to.

For the OP's situation the one you want to change is Continental Cup Nation. Don't change the others. It still might not work, the French Cup might be hardcoded to exclude those teams, but it might.

Edited by rusty217

Aren't regens also affected by either the city or region the club are in as well? I know an old workaround to create teams like Sydney Croatia was to duplicate their city or region, make it Croatian, and then set the club to be from that city