[Discussion] How is Set pieces working in FM22? Also, HELP needed!

I have only recently started playing -22 version, but I have played earlier versions.

Why this comment? Just to ask, whether there are new things in Set pieces, and most important, if the old problems are gone... (Remember, that nobody had made any Set pieces setup example for throws in Steam to be donwloaded for FM21. Why?)

1. Can a setup be made to be used in all tactics and/or both left AND right side with something? This possibility has been requested.

2. These setups seem to be pretty strict. Yeah, of course. But, for instance, if I have a tall target, can I order corner kick taker (aso.) to try to find him, our best in headers? Will there ever be simple order: Find target player! Will this be implemented in the future?

3. Setting pieces. There are only a limited amount of 'slots' and orders for players. That doesn't give us that many options. Like, how to order corner to near post, first player directs ball with his head to far post, etc. Will this be implemented in the future?

4. How well will players handle corners, etc., if I don't make any setups at all? Will it then be all about who's got better players?

HELP needed. Which are those "hot spots" or targeted 'player slots' in all those corner, free kick, etc. cases? Like near and far posts, edge of area and 6-yard-box?

For instance, in corners the 'path arrow' in the case of 'far post' ends almost between 6-yard box and penalty box lines. it's about 10 metres away from 'far post'!!! So, almost as far as the penalty spot from the goal line. But, what is the "hot spot" there?

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2022 at 08:10, rristola said:

Will there ever be simple order: Find target player! Will this be implemented in the future?

It is in there already for free kicks. 

Like, how to order corner to near post, first player directs ball with his head to far post, etc. Will this be implemented in the future?

You can do this for free kicks. Aim crosses at “best header” accomplishes this. 

How well will players handle corners, etc., if I don't make any setups at all? Will it then be all about who's got better players?

No, because the AI still has their own routines. 

HELP needed. Which are those "hot spots" or targeted 'player slots'

I think most people have found success with near-post corners—leading some to call it an exploit even. I personally go by footedness of the taker and personnel available to me. It also helps to understand the varying FKs and how they work within the ME: Wide freekicks are more like corners so your taker needs to be good at crossing; Direct free kicks are long shots etc. 

I make routines for all defending and attacking set pieces because I hate to see a highlight of my side conceding a free kick that I didn’t set up a defense for, but I can much easier accept conceding a goal to free kick that I didn’t defend well by my own hand—does that make sense?