Isle of Man League Created but when I add it to other tournaments/files I can't play the Isle of Man League and it stops the tournament it's been added to.

MJB1986

I've attached the Isle of Man file to this message. On it's own I can play in the Isle of Man League but when I merge the file try adding it to the other tournaments, I can't play the Isle of Man, the option is just completely taken away from me and I a bit confused as to why. The other problem is as well, it stops the competition it's been added to from running. SO for example I created the British Cup and it worked fine but then when I added the Isle of Man league to it, it's stopped the British Cup. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be causing me these problems and what I can do to fix this?

You haven't included the file to this message. It's only with the other message.

And that made me notice you do post message in both advanced and the general Editors forum. Please only post your question once and not over multiple threads.

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

You haven't included the file to this message. It's only with the other message.

And that made me notice you do post message in both advanced and the general Editors forum. Please only post your question once and not over multiple threads.

Sorry for posting twice, I will just stick to posting once in a group. I have attached the file here and I would greatly appreciate it if you can workout why I might be having these problems. It's a shame to add a new country but be very limited to tournaments it can play in.

Isle of Man.fmf

Combining multiple competitions into one file can be tricky, so that might be a reason. Some people resort to merging them in an XML. I don't have any experience with that, so can't advice.

What is the reason you want to combine them and not keep the files apart?

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Combining multiple competitions into one file can be tricky, so that might be a reason. Some people resort to merging them in an XML. I don't have any experience with that, so can't advice.

What is the reason you want to combine them and not keep the files apart?

It's because the Isle of Man isn't in the basic game and it's place close to my heart. When I create competitions like the British Cup and Commonwealth Cup. I have to create new files for then because they are under European and International rules respectively, whereas the Isle of Man is just under the Isle of Man nation rules.

If the competition are international and need the Isle of Man national team you only need to set to whatever nation is used for Isle of Man as active (add contine to it). That is enough for the game to recognize.
If the competitions are club international and Isle of Man teams, again activate whatever nation is used for Isle of Man, create three Isle of Man club teams, add Isle of Man to the nations the competitions picks from, verify the file and then undo the creation of those created teams.

No need to combine files.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2021 at 23:37, Wolf_pd said:

If the competition are international and need the Isle of Man national team you only need to set to whatever nation is used for Isle of Man as active (add contine to it). That is enough for the game to recognize.
If the competitions are club international and Isle of Man teams, again activate whatever nation is used for Isle of Man, create three Isle of Man club teams, add Isle of Man to the nations the competitions picks from, verify the file and then undo the creation of those created teams.

No need to combine files.

Thanks for the advanced. Do you know what nation is used for the Isle of Man? I am having difficulty finding out and when I go onto the advanced rules and try to varify it, it keeps coming up with this screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.b4329a03728a06c26ccdfd9cf67166f8.png

Isle of Man.fmf