2nd Nationality issues

stuart1874

While doing a national team save it is clear that there are issues with nationalities and it has been like this for the last few years (since the editor brought in the nationality info drop down menu). I’ll use Scotland as an example that way I can name specific players.

2nd nationality not appearing – I think this happens to most players. It’s only a visual thing as you can see players eligible for 2-3 nations but with 1 missing from the nationality section. An example being Che Adams is listed as Scotland/Antigua & Barbuda with English is no longer shown since his irl switch. This has to be some way bugged on the personal information screen as a persons full list of nationalities should always appear whether they are eligible or not.

In game I capped Jed Steer, Alex Mowatt, Greg Docherty, Siriki Dembele and Dire Mebude to test. Steer and Mowatt switched to Scottish and lost English visually, Dembele was unchanged (English was already missing), Mebude also unchanged but is somehow still eligible for other nations, and Docherty unchanged but for some reason actually has his second nationality shown (Irish). The only difference I can see with Docherty is he has u21 caps but can’t figure out why he is correct but the others have an issue.

More of an editor thing but I feel like the dropdown part of ‘nationality info’ could be used better as a way to use more specific info. An example being how Kieran Tierney has ‘eligible for nation’ next to his English 2nd nationality when I’d set it as ‘born in nation’ instead and only use the 'eligible' wording when someone is still actually eligible. He has Scotland greyed out as declared so obviously can’t switch in-game but I think the better detail will help. Potential data issue but Harvey Barnes is greyed out as declared for England on the editor and technically I think he’s still eligible for Scotland because his 1 England cap was a friendly. Not that I’d expect him to switch but the option should still be there for now. There’s also a few players who should have a Scottish 2nd nationality but it isn't there, but again, that’s data issues.