Scouting - Player Types and International Competitions

A few questions on scouting..

• What's the best way to find a specific player type?
    • When I scout in general, I tend to just send scouts with good knowledge of a certain country / region to said region and I get loads of reports.
    • If I just create an assignment to ask for a replacement for my striker that wants to leave and give no other filters, the scout barely produces any reports. I get that I'm asking him to go all around the world when he might only have a good knowledge of a few countries.. but I'm not sure how else you're supposed to do it.
  • Should I stop my scouts' assignments mid season to scout the 2022 winter WC? And if so, how many scouts should I send? Lastly, how are you supposed to pick the right scout when the WC is obviously a worldwide competition and the average scout only has good knowledge of a few countries?
  • Am I correct in saying it's still worth scouting regions and nations in which you have no leagues loaded? My understanding is that if you send a scout to Argentina, for example, your scout will still be able to send you reports of players from the Argentina NT + youth teams, as well as the South American champions league.