conceding a lot of long shots on 442

conceding about 1 long shot goal per game. it's impossible for my 2 CMs to close down all 3 of their midfielders, they're bound to get at least one press free attempt from long range and its never a poor long range shot regardless of who the player is as long as hes not pressed instantly. we usually restrict the other team to taking long shots with our compact defense which is how i want us to play. 

1.JPG.59b0f00192d683a42bc93dffced01ff2.JPG

2.JPG.a82c439b54c9208a430ac8b194a89ff0.JPG

I would remove stay on feet as balanced mentality already is fairly conservative and you simply might discourage your players too much from looking for the tackle. Maybe have a look at the aggression attribute of your defenders and central midfielders. A high value (compared to your league) would relate even more to removing that instruction.

I would also remove tight marking, as it is a high risk defensive method which will have your players to take more risks when it comes to how close they will mark the attacker. Closer marking is high risk because you cant protect the space behind you and a  good pass into space or a swift turn of the attacker can completely take your defender out of the game. Your defenders might also need to leave their position to actually track the player and therefore gaps in your defensive shape might occure. So overall this defensive method doesnt really suit a low block.

I would add lower or slightly lower pressing triggers which will help your team to remain in a solid defensive shape to cut off passing lanes and mark out the attackers. That will suit your patient defensive style. 

If you still suffer from many long shot goals after those changes, you can push up line of engagement to standard. Often, if too much space is left for the opponent, they will try from range if they feel they cant get through your lines.