Tactical advice/help

Hello everyone. I see myself as someone that like to exert a style of play to the team. Not the type that make a tactic based on players strength. So I've been managing Lincoln for 2 seasons now and I've been trying to implement tiki taka style. But some problems occur. Most of the team I faced are playing with two traditional wingers. So with my fullback pushing high and wide, we almost always concede by counter attack.

tikitaka.jpg.e1b221d7c3a382488859c8aaacdeeeb7.jpg

This is pretty much the default tiki taka tactic but tone down the press slightly as we hardly win back through high press. After few games, I started to use a different tactic.

4231.jpg.79e4a8a7f192a92c6f08b45193af53ff.jpg

A slightly less tiki taka but still possession heavy. As you see, both wingback are now fullback as I'm trying to stop them getting caught high. But, as the opposition win possesion and play direct to their striker, another problem arises. My CBs decide to close down the ball carrier which of course made space for their wide runner. So again, I tried another tactic.

3241.jpg.e5452ddf60e4d74d879af2cc5dd06b9b.jpg

I've only played one game but instead of DM, I have CM-S with hold position PI. But again, when counter attacked, my CB decide to close down the opponent. In this case, it is the CD-Co who's closing down. After that, I change the midfielders to DM and there weren't any highlight of the CBs closing down except on wider area which is understandable as there are no wide defender.

Hence the main question. If I am to implement the tiki taka system, how am I going to defend from two attacking wingers? Could this back three be enough to stop being counter attack on the wide?

1731868486_ArchieProcter.jpg.11dea3b8cb940e9f93ea214cf2ca1899.jpg1375215412_FinleyBurns.jpg.f83525937f0872a636611bc98a427af4.jpg50142830_DuncanEveritt.jpg.83572afb9d4063b0e2b1432c94ac9c1b.jpg1550862029_RenatoMendoza.jpg.4da8f0ae6e095fe408e95c0605ea6d4c.jpg

So these four are my center backs. If there's anything that may lead to the closing down tendencies, please do inform me.

306340365_ChrisButterfield.jpg.d0c8f790ae39f6cea5096d3ac818d006.jpg516206387_JacobHumphreys.jpg.2679907b84fa16405fb80d34f0ee6614.jpg2075696624_MarcusSchmidt.jpg.c3f226aaa6e341a7b550b406a6b2ba57.jpg1919450030_RyanHudson.jpg.8dc0f2231c53e3277aee7ab7b3d61117.jpg

And these are my fullbacks. I'm buying Schmidt as his acceleration and pace are better than another right back that I have as I thought this could help with recovery.

And another problem that had just occurred is my fullback closing down. The situation was the opponent crossing from left flank then my CM mark the opponent's AM but he missed his header. At the same time, my fullback closes down the AM leaving the winger unmarked. The winger got the second ball and scored.

220096433_BenButton.jpg.257964804205fa53fde647896ec5db4f.jpg

Now I have a question about the above player. What the hell am I going to do with him? He always try this one touch passing toward the flanks and I have been trying to remove his traits through training but to no avail. So if there's a role that can suit this player I would like to know what. It's a shame as I found his attributes are quite nice.

6 ore fa, soft tofu ha scritto:

tikitaka.jpg.e1b221d7c3a382488859c8aaacdeeeb7.jpg

My opinion on this tactic. Try using an halfback and widing out the two defenders. The DLP is probably going up on the field a lot to help the circulation of the ball, leaving the two defenders alone. One other thing i don't get is why you're playing fairly narrow and only have Playmakers on midfield

7 hours ago, Andrew Marines said:

My opinion on this tactic. Try using an halfback and widing out the two defenders. The DLP is probably going up on the field a lot to help the circulation of the ball, leaving the two defenders alone. One other thing i don't get is why you're playing fairly narrow and only have Playmakers on midfield

It is actually the preset tactic. The only thing I change is DLF into F9, Winger into IF and the pressing. Honestly the movement are pretty good and I enjoyed seeing it. The three playmakers works great with each other. They don't make risky passes as much as I thought they would too.

HB would help I guess. Although they still tend to drift higher right? Anyway, thanks.

2 hours ago, soft tofu said:

It is actually the preset tactic. The only thing I change is DLF into F9, Winger into IF and the pressing. Honestly the movement are pretty good and I enjoyed seeing it. The three playmakers works great with each other. They don't make risky passes as much as I thought they would too.

HB would help I guess. Although they still tend to drift higher right? Anyway, thanks.

I use the same tactic. I added: play through the middle, underlap left and right, play wider (instead of narrower to give my wingers room to cut in)

HB stays in positions, uses short passing and tend to drop between the central defenders to create a 3 men defense.

Against counter-attacking I tend to drop my defense deeper and a lower line of engagement instead of higher up the pitch. I also defend narrower.

2 ore fa, soft tofu ha scritto:

Although they still tend to drift higher right

Just a bit but he's gonna defend more. You need to think that 3 playmakers are not gonna attack and free spaces that a mezzala could. The false 9 is trying to get the ball back and nobody is driving inside the penalty area