[Suggestion] Add ”Birth region” as a search filter

Arla2002

Currently there is a search filter for ”Place of birth” and for ”Birth country”. My suggestion is that every player also should have a ”Birth region”. This would make it possible to search for player that are born in a specific region of a country.

With ”Birth region” I mean counties in England, regions in Italy and states in Germany. And so on…

I think that it would make the game play much more fun. It would make it possible to only build a team of locally born players.

in current versions of FM you must make your own search filter by manually adding different places of birth. This takes time and you are almost certain to miss some place.

My belief is that this would be quite easy to fix for SI.

I agree with @Arla2002on this. I think this would be most beneficial for a league like the MLS (because of the MLS league rules and limitations on foreign players). 

ANOTHER SUGGESTION:

I think it would also be beneficial to add a search filter that allows you to filter a player/staff member's prior clubs and find players/staff members that were employed by the club you are running. 

I think that this suggestion would be tremendously helpful, because I try to approach the game with a realistic approach and would like to hire former AC Milan players/staff members to my teams. In addition, I also think that this improvement would help me and other players find new coaches/staff members to hire for the youth teams to give them the experience they need before becoming the head coach of a club's first team. And, in reality, this seems to be how it works in real life, with players starting their coaching careers with their favored clubs. 

Thanks for taking the time to read! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to raise this here. This is something which has already been flagged as a request within the community, so has already been documented and is part of our internal database of features for consideration. Like all features raised to us, it could end up rejected, or could after extensive design and development become a part of a future FM.