1.5 BETA - NA junior player movement

The addition of a 'lower age limit' similar to 'upper age limit' for leagues would drastically improve player movement amongst NA junior leagues. Along with the 'Lower Age Limit' setting, an 'Underage Player Limit' that restricts teams from signing more than a set number of 'Underage' players would be very helpful.

For example, this would allow Canadian junior (CHL/lower junior level) teams and US Junior leagues be limited to the number of 16 year olds they can sign, as well as help player movement through U15-16-18 leagues. Right now teams are able to sign an unlimited number of 'underage' (16 year old) players and 15 year olds in Canada seem to always move from U15 to U18, skipping the U16 stage.

I am also seeing international players playing in Canadian U15-16-18 leagues, which should only be allowed if they are a Canadian resident and therefore should have Canadian citizenship.

Edited by Javs

Hey Javs!

1) Agree with the transfer rule addition, this came up in closed beta testing too.

2) We can fix that, we simply have to create transfer rules for all those leagues though :(. Hit me up on Steam if you want to help with that.

5 hours ago, Javs said:

You can - but I think what you can do is limited

They will fully apply even if there is no league structure. 

One other note on this topic would be having a transfer rule for junior clubs that play in professional leagues (ex: EVZ Academy playing in Swiss League (NLB). We would need transfer rules per club UID that would set min/max ages for those clubs or just better logic in the game to treat junior clubs in Domestic League competitions differently. 

1 hour ago, xECK29x said:

They will fully apply even if there is no league structure. 

One other note on this topic would be having a transfer rule for junior clubs that play in professional leagues (ex: EVZ Academy playing in Swiss League (NLB). We would need transfer rules per club UID that would set min/max ages for those clubs or just better logic in the game to treat junior clubs in Domestic League competitions differently. 

This would help US NTDP as well

I should note, players in the USA seem to move through U15-16-18, etc. much better than Canada. Maybe this is because some provinces do not have U16? (Sask, Manitoba, Atlantic Canada)?

Also it doesn't seem the game allows Canadians to play in the NAHL / USHL (Or players aren't interested in signing there?) and vice versa with Americans playing in Jr.A leagues in Canada.

Edited by Javs

• 3 weeks later...

To add to NA Junior player movement

- Domestic Junior teams do not seem to sign overagers/ re-sign pending overagers, even though it is allowed in the 'Transfer Rules'.

- 15 year old players seem to be generated for Domestic Junior leagues. Also when they are generated their salary is listed as 'N/A' (see attached). In Canada (and the USA) 15 year old players are not permitted to play on Junior teams, and as mentioned above, Junior teams are limited in the number of 16 year olds they can sign.

Worth noting that 15 year old players are generated in leagues even with the rule 'contract min ' set to 16 in transfer rules, but not 'playable leagues'. Examples (using the latest TBL rosters) of leagues where 15 year olds are generated include the Greater Metro Hockey League (contract min set in the database), Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League (no transfer rules).

It would be beneficial for better realistic player movement IMO if players all across Canada were generated at 14 years old. I believe the majority of players in Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada are generated at 15 (the year before their CHL draft year).

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Edited by Javs

On 13/05/2021 at 18:03, Javs said:

I should note, players in the USA seem to move through U15-16-18, etc. much better than Canada. Maybe this is because some provinces do not have U16? (Sask, Manitoba, Atlantic Canada)?

Also it doesn't seem the game allows Canadians to play in the NAHL / USHL (Or players aren't interested in signing there?) and vice versa with Americans playing in Jr.A leagues in Canada.

To add to this:

It appears Canadian Domestic Junior teams do sign Americans (and vice versa) when 'Foreign Players for Domestic Teams based on national team eligibility' is not set to True in leagues transfer rules, therefore not making them 'foreign' players.

On 04/06/2021 at 08:01, Javs said:

To add to NA Junior player movement

- Domestic Junior teams do not seem to sign overagers/ re-sign pending overagers, even though it is allowed in the 'Transfer Rules'.

- 15 year old players seem to be generated for Domestic Junior leagues. Also when they are generated their salary is listed as 'N/A' (see attached). In Canada (and the USA) 15 year old players are not permitted to play on Junior teams, and as mentioned above, Junior teams are limited in the number of 16 year olds they can sign.

Worth noting that 15 year old players are generated in leagues even with the rule 'contract min ' set to 16 in transfer rules, but not 'playable leagues'. Examples (using the latest TBL rosters) of leagues where 15 year olds are generated include the Greater Metro Hockey League (contract min set in the database), Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League (no transfer rules).

It would be beneficial for better realistic player movement IMO if players all across Canada were generated at 14 years old. I believe the majority of players in Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada are generated at 15 (the year before their CHL draft year).

Worth noting that even with setting the transfer rule 'contract min age' to 17, teams still 'sign' 16 year olds.

Edited by Javs

• 2 months later...

Regarding more realistic career paths, is it possible to fix the transfers for juniors in european teams? I often see players from U16 teams end up in the french fourth division or something like that the year before the NHL draft.

IRL I've never seen a swedish player end up in Angers II and then get picked in the second round...

• 5 months later...