Potential Displaying Incorrectly

Gary James

I have players that are not showing their potential as a white star.

I noticed this as I signed a new player when he turned up he had 3.5 star ability and 4 star potential but it said could improve significantly.

This made me check the report which also reelected this.

I then decided to check my other players who I have listed for sale and their reports stated could improve significantly but no white star for the the potential on the 5th star. half a star does not represent significantly imo.

I know have to check the report for every player who is close to 4 stars before listing as I may be throwing potential future stars away.

Is this a bug or is it me?

image.thumb.png.0e88a21ba1b839f22c7d966941b4c257.png

image.thumb.png.f0d482b84fd202e4b1f5abef372808fb.png

image.thumb.png.2aa1890174c88e94b9abddd9d6f38b54.png

I have multiple other players in this situation also

image.png

• Gary James changed the title to Potential Displaying Incorrectly
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Hi @Gary James - the white stars here indicate a coach's uncertainty, so with Ernesto Cantú there's a prediction that his potential falls into the 3.5-4.5 star range. As a player ages then there is less ambiguity over their potential - from the screenshots you can see that those with a white star are generally under 22 years old. Laurens Guerri is 23, so I would expect a defined potential value from the coaching team. I hope this makes sense, please feel free to ask for any points of clarity. 

I agree that at face value half a star doesn't represent a significant improvement, would you mind uploading your save so we can have a check on that?

Details on how to upload a save can be found here:

• 1 month later...