[FM21] - The Rangers are coming...no not them!!

Magika80

738105931_covecover.thumb.jpg.4aaa8297e6e9d7f66a6b6bc9da105180.jpg

Club Background

Cove were formed in 1922 and played in the local amateur leagues until 1985, when they became a junior team. However, the club applied and were accepted to the senior Highland Football League in 1986, where they played until winning promotion to Scottish Football League division 2 in May 2019, after beating Berwick Rangers 7–0 on aggregate in the pyramid playoff. They have also racked up a formidable reputation in the lower rounds of the Scottish Cup, reaching the 3rd round three times. In 2001 they won their first Highland League championship – but even more impressively won the 'treble' of Highland League, Aberdeenshire Shield and Scottish Qualifying Cup

In the 2007–08 season, Cove reached round four of the Scottish Cup for the first time, beating Brora Rangers away 5–0, Keith 3–0 and Edinburgh Uni 1–0 on the way, before losing 4–2 to Ross County

However, the south Aberdeen side claimed their second ever Highland League Championship with a 3–0 home win against Lossiemouth on 3 May 2008.

Cove Rangers were one of the clubs who prepared an application for entry into the Scottish Football League following Gretna relinquishing their league status on 3 June 2008. The other clubs were Annan Athletic,Preston Athletic and Spartans, Annan Athletic were eventually awarded the place, due to their superior facilities.

In 2016 the club regained their Highland League crown. Due to the introduction of the 'pyramid system' in Scottish football, Cove elected to say goodbye to Allan park due to the stadium not meeting SPFL minimum stadia requirements. This in turn meant the club played all of their games at an away ground with Inverurie Locos, Formartine Utd and Banks O'dee offering the use of their facilities so the club could compete. Cove went on to win the league and advance to the first play-off game against the winner of the Lowland League, Edinburgh City. The tie was won by City 4–1 on aggregate who subsequently progressed to Scottish League Two after beating East Stirling in the second playoff tie.

In the 2018/19 season they were promoted to SPFL League Two for the first time in their history after defeating Berwick Rangers 7–0 on aggregate in the League Two play-off.

In their first season in the SPFL they won League Two after the season was terminated early due to the Coronavirus carry on which still continues unfortunately This resulted in back-to-back promotions for Cove, with the club gaining promotion to SPFL League One for the first time.

The man to lead the charge is none other than Ian Ferguson,once of Rangers,a warrior in midfield who took no nonsense and more in a managerial capacity down under with North Queensland Fury FC,Perth Glory,Northern Fury FC (NPL Queensland)

gettyimages-143248512-612x612.jpg.58929fc39d6f9d615b01fdbc8ac52da5.jpg

The Save Itself...

So i have loaded up Scotland obviously,England,Austrailia,Denmark,Finland,Iceland Norway and Sweden.My reasons being that he previously managed down under and the others are a personal choice of myself with leagues that i have never played in,also liking the idea of a Scandinavian based save,where good players can be unearthed,where we will end up as the game progresses we will never know,i chose Cove Rangers as they seem to be one of the upcoming lower league teams in Scotland it seems.

411415026_IanFerguson_Profile.png.6e0a111cfb7874258ae0da669f38ca6c.png

I will update as often as possible and i hope you enjoy the save as much as i enjoy playing it :) 

Tactics

So theres going to be two main tactics that i will be using throughout the save,the main one a 4-4-1-1 setup,given the players available,the other will be a 442 counter dropping a little deeper trying to hit on the counter,im hoping it serves us well

tac1.PNG.6328a82275619e394a9b7bc1ff23cf82.PNG