FM Data Analytics: use data visualizations to review your tactics

4 hours ago, ericstpeter said:

Great post. I know it’s not the point but I’d love to give this system a shot. It looks fun. Would you mind giving us all the PI’s you use? 

F9 & AM: Roam
IW & W: Get Forward
CM: Go wider/Roam
IWB: Shoot less often
CD: Take fewer risks/Go wider
BPD: Ease off tackles
FB: Take fewer risks/Sit narrower/Cross less often/Cross from deep/Hold Position

However I'm not getting as good results as I'd wish...as I said, a lot of draws, and a big issue on scoring goals. From what I see in matches though, build up is excellent.

46 minutes ago, gam945 said:

F9 & AM: Roam
IW & W: Get Forward
CM: Go wider/Roam
IWB: Shoot less often
CD: Take fewer risks/Go wider
BPD: Ease off tackles
FB: Take fewer risks/Sit narrower/Cross less often/Cross from deep/Hold Position

However I'm not getting as good results as I'd wish...as I said, a lot of draws, and a big issue on scoring goals. From what I see in matches though, build up is excellent.

Thanks. I’ve seen a lot of people try to replicate that 3-3-1-3 shape in attack and it’s never quite there. This one seems to be on point.

33 minutes ago, ericstpeter said:

Thanks. I’ve seen a lot of people try to replicate that 3-3-1-3 shape in attack and it’s never quite there. This one seems to be on point.

image.png.27b751313abfdb9a05cf301d0e01ed81.png

Screenshot of a build up phase...this is the same 4-4-1-1 I've posted. It's a little skewed to the right side, but I have to accept this if I use a back four to get a back 3... also when the ball goes in to the left side, the whole block shifts to the left so there's no space left wide open.

6 minutes ago, gam945 said:

image.png.27b751313abfdb9a05cf301d0e01ed81.png

Screenshot of a build up phase...this is the same 4-4-1-1 I've posted. It's a little skewed to the right side, but I have to accept this if I use a back four to get a back 3... also when the ball goes in to the left side, the whole block shifts to the left so there's no space left wide open.

Yeah. I like it. Playing with it now as Arsenal in 2029. Defensive great so far but low scoring like you said. Tried the AM-A as a SS-A?

I’d also be curious about lining the AMC and ST off vertically when you try the SS-A instead of offsetting them. I think it would add a little more unpredictability to the attack. Maybe the confusion leads to more goals

Edited by ericstpeter

On 27/02/2021 at 18:33, ericstpeter said:

Yeah. I like it. Playing with it now as Arsenal in 2029. Defensive great so far but low scoring like you said. Tried the AM-A as a SS-A?

I’d also be curious about lining the AMC and ST off vertically when you try the SS-A instead of offsetting them. I think it would add a little more unpredictability to the attack. Maybe the confusion leads to more goals

I wanted to give each of the AMC and ST a clear space to operate in, thus the offset, but have the Roam From Position PI so it's worth trying to use a true 4-4-1-1.

image.png.76c1a36f8c7a7b510549eb24f656f324.png

I'm now using this tactic and it's pretty close to the 3-3-1-3 in attack as the F9 comes deep quite often. F9 and the Poacher have the Roam from position PI, so despite being offset to one side, they actually aren't fixed to one side of the pitch. I also removed the Stay Wider PI from the right center midfield, which is now a BBM, and the wingers have an attack duty. Finally, IWB also has the Get Further Forward PI. I'll post some screenshots later but it's producing more goals than the previous one.

Edited by gam945