Not Getting a new Transfer Budget each season.

I am 5 years into a save and currently managing Schalke 04. My transfer budget hasn't increased in at least the last 2 years, they are just carrying over the left over money from the previous season.

This does not make any sense as the overall budget of the club has doubled in the last 3 years but the transfer budget has not grown at all.

In the last season I won the league and the cup and made over £100M for the club and yet my transfer budget at the start of the next transfer window is £8M which is just the left over budget from the season before.

Is there a reason for this that I am missing or is it a bug? If it is not a bug I have no idea why this would be the case and it seems pretty poor to me. 

FM21 TB issue.png

• SI Staff

Thanks for your feedback @vs24. There are a few things that could potentially be causing this. Differnt "types" of owner have different tendencies when it comes to allocating transfer budgets, and other factors such as Board Confidence will also have an impact. Has your wage budget increased over this time period, as usually I would expect at least some boost to the budgets after a successful period such as this. 

No, neither budget changed at the end of the season to the start of the next. My board confidence hasn't dropped below B in the last 3 seasons at the club and that was only because a new president was elected, however I encountered the problem for the first time before that happened.

It appears to not be happening to every club in the save as when I interviewed for Bayern at the same time this happened to me they told me that their transfer budget for the season would be around £350m.

I requested an increase to my transfer budget but all that happened was the guaranteed budget for next season went up from £8.7m to about £10m.

I'd rather not restart my save as I've just started the 6th year so I've been thinking of using the in-game editor to give myself a reasonable transfer budget but either way this shouldn't be happening in the game and doing that would ruin the realism of the game.

In the 3rd year of the save, when I first got the Schalke job after they finished 14th before I got there, I had a transfer budget of roughly £30m, so the fact it's fallen to £8m after 2 league titles, 1 second place and making it out the CL group stage twice doesn't make any sense.

Any help on solving this situation would be great, if not I'll just have to guess on an appropriate budget to give myself and hope the same problem doesn't occur when I move clubs as I've already put a lot of time into the save and don't want to be forced to stop it because of this.