At the end-of-season meeting, promises were made but evaluated immediately rather than throughout the season

Summary: At the end of the 2021-2022 season as Paris FC in Ligue 1, during the end of season meeting, I made promises that were evaluated immediately rather than during the 2022-2023 season.

Description of Issue: During the end-of-season meeting, I made a mention that I would likely have to sell some players for financial reasons. I then made promises to "Play Youth Players" and "Will not stand in the way of a big transfer" were made, but within a few days, those promises were immediately evaluated - "Will not stand in the way of a big transfer" is considered dropped but "Play Youth Players" is considered failed, so certain players trust me less despite massively overachieving during the course of the season and successfully getting promoted from Ligue 2 during 2020-2021.

Steps to Reproduce: Make promises of "Play Youth Players" and "Will not stand in the way of a big transfer"

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Alexander Poon - Paris FC - Broken Youth Players.fm

I acknowledge however that the save (and the corresponding "last overwrite save backup.fm") are likely a bit too late to replicate the issue. I believe I have a save from roughly the Youth Recruitment stage of 2022 if you're willing to zoom through two months there.

20210203115417_1.jpg

• Administrators

@el canadiano

Thanks for all that info, it's much appreciated. 

But yeah you're right to say those saves are unfortunately a little bit too late. If you could still upload the save from the youth recruitment stage it would hopefully still show the issue, I'll be happy to play through it and try and replicate the problems you've got.

Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime, let me know if you don't have the save and I'll see what else I can do!

4 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

@el canadiano

Thanks for all that info, it's much appreciated. 

But yeah you're right to say those saves are unfortunately a little bit too late. If you could still upload the save from the youth recruitment stage it would hopefully still show the issue, I'll be happy to play through it and try and replicate the problems you've got.

Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime, let me know if you don't have the save and I'll see what else I can do!

No worries Kyle. The save was uploaded as "paris_diarrassabara_4_5_mc.fm". You should be at a step where you survive relegation from Ligue 1 regardless. It isn't really the end of the world other than Prior wanting to leave. I don't exactly have the most amount of money anyways so I would have accepted Prior's transfer anyways and I already transfer-listed Martin.

• Administrators

Got it. Was able to reproduce and the issue is now logged and under review. We'll hopefully have a resolution for this soon - thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Hey @Kyle Brown,

I just finished the 2022/23 season. This time I am pretty reliably reproducing the same issue, where I get seven days to evaluate any promises I make. Given that I can just restart, I won't make any promises but wanted to provide a scenario where I can more easily reliably reproduce this issue.

I uploaded a save under "pars_end_of_season_2022_2023.fm" if you want another save file to work with. This time it is right after the last game of the 2022/2023 season.

Hopefully this save helps.

Alexander

20210215145603_1.jpg

20210215145613_1.jpg