Darkening the titlebar

Sylv

Is it possible and if it is how would I go about putting a "filter" over the primary club colour so it appears darker on titlebar and sidebar. The attached picture shows what they look like currently but I'd like to make a few shades darker whist keeping the club colours albeit a darkened version. (Essentially, so when I click a club that plays in white for example I'm not hit with migraine inducing brightness!!) Thank you!

(FM21 Touch)

2021-01-18 15_55_01-Greenshot.jpg

Easiest option is to locate the graphics that skin uses for the header and sidebar and change their colour to a darker shade of red and that should make the game use a darker shade when it recolours them. (Other option is to edit those xml files and add another graphic over the top and make that graphic dark but with a level of transparency so it will act as a dark filter over the colours).

If you only want to make the light colours darker then it might still be possible to edit how the game alters the shade of the team colours (though I'm not sure if these are still used for the primary/secondary colours as they are now defined separately in the database) by editing the accent colours, dark accent colours and sidebar colours xml files found in the settings folder which you'll need to extract from the settings fmf file.

In those files you can declare a hue/saturation/lightness range and have any colour within that range changed to a set RGB value, so if the code is still used you'd be able to tell the game to turn white colours into grey without touching the red of York.

Thank you, those suggestions are really useful @michaeltmurrayuk.

I've just tried using a darker shade of red for the paper used by titlebar/sidebar and while it is an improvement I would prefer it darker.

How would I go about adding another graphic over the top to act as a filter? (Point me to guide if there is one.)

Also, for future reference do you have a guide for declaring a hue etc. range?

TYIA