CM 03/04 - Is anyone still editing that?

devb

Hi guys,

I've been using CM 4 PreGame Editor for updating the old CM 03/04 according to FM data. I've been editing for a year, and now the game closes suddently with no error message. I can create a new game and I "go on holiday", but after few minutes the game closes. I've edited 8 national leagues, with avarage 40 player in each squad. I've used CA, PA and habilities of FM, I've done player's history also. Have I overloaded the game? Can I fix that? If anyone know about the issue please help me, I'll be very glad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Check the date the game crashes on. As far as I know the CM editor is mainly data and not competitions, so that's a plus.

Also, it might be an issue between the game and your computer. You are running something from 16-17 years ago afterall.

Yeah, I know it's a old game and I'm trying to run it changing the compatibility with older Windows versions. Not success so far. When I create a game with small or medium database the game runs normally. The problem is with large database, the more leagues I charge the fast the games closes by itself with no error message.

Ok, that sounds like something we have had in FM20 as well. FM20 has a max 'loading capacity'. Maybe the game is running into that, in combination with a different Windows version.

Those issues are hard to pinpoint though, that's a matter of keep on trying and figuring out.

One thing to think of, in FM20 my issue was partly because of all the files the game had to load. If you make backups of your files or keep previous versions around, make sure to take those out of the editor folder. Then the game won't have to load them.