Renaming Skins...

TheUsualSuspect9

You would have to use the Resource Archiver that comes with the game and extract the skins.fmf to your My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins folder (create it if need be).

Then from there you can modify this skin and change the XML so it is your skin and alter what you require.

You would have to use the Resource Archiver that comes with the game and extract the skins.fmf to your My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins folder (create it if need be).

Then from there you can modify this skin and change the XML so it is your skin and alter what you require.

Ive extracted the skins.fmf to my documents, now how do i rename it?

Go into the fm2009 folder and you should see a fm09l.xml, open it up and you should see:

<properties version="1.0">

<!-- skin details -->

<string id="name" value="FM 2009[COMMENT: skin for FM 2008]"/> <!-- The name of the skin -->

<string id="author" value="Sports Interactive"/> <!-- The author name -->

<string id="description" value="Default Skin"/> <!-- Short description -->

<string id="version" value="1.0"/> <!-- The version number -->

<flags id="parent" value="fm2009-widgets"/>

<!--

Minimum game version this skin requires to be valid, and listed as an option in the list of skins .

This is used for two things:

- F irst of all you can force a sking to only be availble for a minimum minor release (ie patch), in other words

setting the required_version to 7.0.1 makes sure the skin won't be listed if the game is in version 7.0.0.

- Secondly, the first number ("major version") is used to decide which version the skin was designed for,

so if the version is "7.0.0" it won't be listed in the list of skins if the game version is "6.0.0." or "8.0.0",

even though 7 is less than 8.

-->

<string id="required_version" value="9.0.0" />

</properties>

Edit the lines:

<string id="name" value="FM 2009[COMMENT: skin for FM 2008]"/> <!-- The name of the skin -->

<string id="author" value="Sports Interactive"/> <!-- The author name -->

<string id="description" value="Default Skin"/> <!-- Short description -->

To whatever you want.

Archived