Help with changing an individual picture of a player.

temporaryeggs

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but it's graphics related so here goes.

I really don't like having player in my team with blanked out faces, so I went online to find out what to do.  

I found these instructions

"If you have the cut out of the player, you need to drag and drop the image (make sure it's a .png image else the game won't recognise it. ) into the facepack folder you currently have.

Then open the config file in that folder with note (windows) or textedit (mac) or similar programs.

You will be greeted with (if you don'y understand code) alot of what look like rubbish, but alot of lines that look the same but with different numbers. Example :

<record from="29086182" to="graphics/pictures/person/29086182/portrait"/>

What you have to do is find the players unique ID (UID) via the editor. In this case Josh Hunt-Lauren ID is 28094200. So in the existing config, copy and paste the bottom line but change the last numbers to Josh Hunt-Lauren's UID. So now, it should look like this :

<record from="28094200" to="graphics/pictures/person/28094200/portrait"/>

Make sure you save and then reload your skin and it his face should now appear in game."

I followed these instructions, but when I looked for the unique player id I couldn't find it.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

27 minutes ago, temporaryeggs said:

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but it's graphics related so here goes.

I really don't like having player in my team with blanked out faces, so I went online to find out what to do.  

I found these instructions

"If you have the cut out of the player, you need to drag and drop the image (make sure it's a .png image else the game won't recognise it. ) into the facepack folder you currently have.

Then open the config file in that folder with note (windows) or textedit (mac) or similar programs.

You will be greeted with (if you don'y understand code) alot of what look like rubbish, but alot of lines that look the same but with different numbers. Example :

<record from="29086182" to="graphics/pictures/person/29086182/portrait"/>

What you have to do is find the players unique ID (UID) via the editor. In this case Josh Hunt-Lauren ID is 28094200. So in the existing config, copy and paste the bottom line but change the last numbers to Josh Hunt-Lauren's UID. So now, it should look like this :

<record from="28094200" to="graphics/pictures/person/28094200/portrait"/>

Make sure you save and then reload your skin and it his face should now appear in game."

I followed these instructions, but when I looked for the unique player id I couldn't find it.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

In “preferences” in your game you can tick the option to “show unique ID’s” after this in your header with the name it will now show your players ID#.

After this you follow the procedure as described. Save the edited configuration file and (important) reload the skin. It might be needed to empty cache prior, all depends on the situation.

1 minute ago, a31632 said:

In “preferences” in your game you can tick the option to “show unique ID’s” after this in your header with the name it will now show your players ID#.

After this you follow the procedure as described. Save the edited configuration file and (important) reload the skin. It might be needed to empty cache prior, all depends on the situation.

Thanks, but I already did that.  I know the number, but it's not there.

5 minutes ago, temporaryeggs said:

Thanks, but I already did that.  I know the number, but it's not there.

Maybe this to obvious😎, but did you rename the player picture name to the ID#, moved it to your folder with other player pictures?

Also make sure it is in “pgn” format not jpg or similar and the extension “png” isn’t capitalized 

1 minute ago, a31632 said:

Maybe this to obvious😎, but did you rename the player picture name to the ID#, moved it to your folder with other player pictures?

Also make sure it is in “pgn” format not jpg or similar and the extension “png” isn’t capitalized 

You have to rename the picture to the ID number?  I didn't do that, it didn't say that in the original instructions I followed.  The format is lower case png though.  Let me try again... 

21 minutes ago, temporaryeggs said:

You have to rename the picture to the ID number?  I didn't do that, it didn't say that in the original instructions I followed.  The format is lower case png though.  Let me try again... 

If this still doesn’t work after renaming the picture and moving it to the player faces folder, consider using an “xml tool”. They have been around for over 10 years and create automatically a good config file. You should Google “fmxml”, link added below

You must have made an error in the config file creation

EDIT:

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fmXML-for-windows.html

Edited by a31632

2 minutes ago, a31632 said:

If this still doesn’t work after renaming the picture and moving it to the player faces folder, consider using an “xml tool”. They have been around for over 10 years and create automatically a good config file. You should Google “fmxml” as I think that is the name of it.

You must have made an error in the config file creation

Dude, thanks for your patience and help! I think I'll have a stab at it tomorrow, because in my part of the world, it's nearly bed time.  Have a good one!

7 hours ago, BenitoBendito said:

If I'm understanding this and you cant find your players UID in your config file, then you need to add it,

add a line like this in your config file where both of the numbers in green are your players UID

config.PNG.98543219e21c71105e34320bfa4ce317.PNG

(easiest just to copy and past a line and change the numbers)

It worked!!!  Hallelujah!  I'm not tech savy at all, so I appreciate all the help.  Hope your next match is a win.  ; )