Recreation M'gladbach

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and FM series. I started a new save with Borussia Mönchengladbach and started a recreation of Marco Rose's Gegenpressing/ short vertical passing playstyle.

Im not happy with the result and wanted to ask some of the more experienced FM players, how to tweak this tactic. PI's are standard for most of the players. Only my DLF, IF and IW have close down more and mark tighter.

I would really appreciate some feedback.

borussia.jpg

Edited by CrosbyS87

Some general pointers:

• Attack Duties in combination with Attacking Mentality result in very risky approach; there's currently four Very Attacking players in your setup
  • As many as seven players attempting risky passes (SK, BPDs, DLP, IF, SS, DLF); combined with Attacking Mentality, you're taking risk-taking to extreme levels, which could make it hard to keep possession (this is then compounded even further with instructions like Pass Into Space, Counter and Higher Tempo)
  • No defensive cover on right flank; two Very Attacking players + BBM roaming from position
  • Weak defensive cover in central areas; both WBs bombing forward + BBM roaming from position, leaving only DLP (who could occasionally also be caught high up the pitch, due to his Support Duty) and BPDs to deal with counter-attacks
  • Extremely aggressive manner of defending, which could not only leave you vulnerable at the back, but also make it hard to break down defensive teams (Higher LoE + Higher D-Line + Counter-Press + More Urgent Pressing combined with Attacking Mentality result in a very high block); pinning opposition too far back can reduce space for your forwards, which could be counterproductive in a tactic looking to transition quickly (Attacking + Higher Tempo + Counter + Pass Into Space)

To summarize, the tactic above looks very risky. You may trash opposition occasionally, but I can also see you getting hit on the break.

Keeping the high press element and most of your Roles, I'd tweak it like this:

PFsu

IFsu          SSat          IWat

DLPde - BWMsu

FBat - CDde - BPDde - WBsu

SKde

Instructions: Balanced, Counter-Press, Higher Defensive Line, Offside Trap

Edited by Zemahh