[Pre-Game Editor] Regional Division Calculation not mapping to Child Competitions

BoyInGreen

Hi,

There seem to be an issue where in some cases, the regional division calculations at the parent level are not mapping to their appropraite child competitions for some divisions, even though the same set up works fine for other divisions using pretty much the same set-up. I've attached some screenshots below. Here is the attempt to calculate the regions for Step 4:

image.thumb.png.45a98212f8befcdfa459005883e0807c.png

This is despite the child competitions being declared here:

image.thumb.png.932795ff2502b149faf313ab9b0a1c21.png

Yet the leagues above and below are set up in practically the exact same way, but seem to be working as expected:

image.thumb.png.f6fab704d4de1868d3c19bab124d33ca.png

image.thumb.png.65551690dd43ecb49ff95ed76a422048.png

To recreate this in the editor, you can follow the below steps:

1. Load the attached editor file

2. Go to Test Competitions, simulate down to the English County Leagues, then click Create New Test.

3. Set the Date to Run to to 1/7/2022, then click run to date.

4. Once it is finished, search for English Regional First Divisions and once there navigate to Test/Years/2021/Regional Division Calculation

If there is anything I can do to work around this, please feel free to let me know and I can try it. Thanks!

England Step 5.fmf

• 5 months later...

I am having the exact same issue.

It appears to calculate the distribution for regional divisions 2 ways

'Regional Divisions Scoring', thsi doesnt seem to work, it gives all of the teams the same score, and picks random teams to move about, often the most unsuitable onesimage.thumb.png.f39480daca1d4c4b1a25c4fe0e2c6c09.png

Regional Division Scoring', this gives the correct answer from what I can see

image.thumb.png.e05e5b1ff90559bf335ad20641bfb2d9.png

But then the game just defauls to the 'Regional Division Scoring' list and ignores the other one

Apologies for using my file as an example, but teh team highlighted are the most southerly, and most suited to Region 1, but are constantly put into Region 0 via the first method

Link to my thread on what i found

Edited by nasaiain