AI teams signing players on unrealistically low wages

I have noticed that AI teams are signing players on contracts with unrealistically low wages and most of the time it seems to be for £160 p/w.

This is only happening on free transfers for players that do not have a club. So I have noticed this mainly with league one clubs and below.

I know there is the whole 'Covid financial impact' being taken into account with the first season but we currently have established league 1 players signing for league 1 clubs for £160 p/w? This is well below what any professional footballer would be accepting.

I can upload my save if necessary but a quick soak test of the free transfers from the first transfer window should pick this up easily enough.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

A fix was included in the 21.2 update for this issue. From our internal tests it looked to improve the issue with established players tending not to sign contracts on wages as low as £160 p/w. 

Some established players, especially free agents, will be willing to take lower wages than in previous versions, this will be due to a combination of FL salary caps and COVID factors. 

If you are still seeing players sign for low wages then please let us know the names of the players and how far into the game you are seeing this. 

Cheers,

Ben 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2021 at 10:27, Ben Kenney said:

A fix was included in the 21.2 update for this issue. From our internal tests it looked to improve the issue with established players tending not to sign contracts on wages as low as £160 p/w. 

Some established players, especially free agents, will be willing to take lower wages than in previous versions, this will be due to a combination of FL salary caps and COVID factors. 

If you are still seeing players sign for low wages then please let us know the names of the players and how far into the game you are seeing this. 

Cheers,

Ben 

Hi Ben

Thanks for your reply. 

After going through the 2021 summer transfer window, it does appear that this issue has significantly improved. I only noticed two established players signing contracts on £160pw during the window (Duncan Watmore to Tranmere was one of them off the top of my head).

Credit to the team for looking into this and correcting.

Cheers

Luke