[FM19] How to make draws work like real life?

OspreyJ

I’m creating an edited version of some international competitions and everything is working smoothly except draws (y’know, when they select the groups by picking team names out of a…round…glass thing). Even though I’ve set the seeding to ‘Seeded by World Ranking,’ the pots for the draws  are seemingly decided by Alphabetical order. Does anybody know how to fix this so that the pots are made by World Ranking?

Also, when the game gets to the playoffs, it just randomly throws teams together. Of course, I would like to make it so that the playoff matches go: 1A v 2B; 2A v 1B, etc. does anyone know how to make this happen?

Thanks in advance

Edited by OspreyJ

You should set draw rules to seeded draw.

For playoff you need to set fixed draw.

Also set team order under general tab - game will always use team in this deafult order:

A1 - 0

A2 - 1

B1 - 2

B2 - 3

and so on...

so in order to get A1-B2 - B1 - A2 you need to set team order like this:

In combination with fixed draw you will get correct draw results.  You can always thick on "dont randomise home and away team" option if you want to keep first / second leg order. This option is in draw rules also.

27 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

You should set draw rules to seeded draw.

For playoff you need to set fixed draw.

Also set team order under general tab - game will always use team in this deafult order:

A1 - 0

A2 - 1

B1 - 2

B2 - 3

and so on...

so in order to get A1-B2 - B1 - A2 you need to set team order like this:

In combination with fixed draw you will get correct draw results.  You can always thick on "dont randomise home and away team" option if you want to keep first / second leg order. This option is in draw rules also.

That’s in the Advanced Editor?