Looking for tactical advice with Arsenal

As per the title, I'm looking for some tweaks to my arsenal tactics. Below are my three tactics from most succesful to least. Sticking with the 4 - 3 - 3 positive led me from 12th back up to 6th currently.

4-3-3.png.ed0e9f7f2c06a5a3f4300e4ec3b16d20.png

I'm still seeing faults however, I've been very happy with Lacazette, scoring at a 1 in 2 rate, however I cannot get Aubameyang firing, 2 measly goals in 14 appearances. IF, AF, Poacher, to no avail. Basically has become an impact player off of the bench. Martinelli and Saka tend to get starts ahead of him in the IW / W positions. Most games in this formation I dominate posession and have a large amount of shots, but I tend to only create 2 CCC per game. Most attacks tend to come from the FBs crossing the ball, or passing the ball to the CMs who tend to have meaningless shots outside the box, I cant seem to split defences from the middle.

Ozil.png.d4e772d9347244676c927544e47de17f.png

The formation with Ozil involved in the past has similarly led to a high amount of posession, but a real lack of penetration through the middle, attacking patterns of the FBs and CMs remain the same, crosses or low chance shots outside the box. 

The 3rd and final cautious formation (Ignore Torreira as a RGA, he is a DM) is how I've tried to set up away from home at times against big opponents,  or teams that play very defensively (I then switch to Balanced), my goal with this tactic was to draw either stronger or defensive minded teams out with the Lower Line of Engagement, however this has not worked at all. I've struggled significantly against defensive teams no matter what formation I have attempted. The 5 - 2 - 3 WB Wide being the one formation I cannot break down. Goals against in all formations have followed a similar pattern, opposing CM plays a ball out wide, passage of play between the FB / W who overlap to create space and tend to beat me with a mix of low / high crosses into the box, although my defence is 5th best in goals allowed, there is a clear pattern in how I am leaking goals and would like to improve that. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm really enjoying this save!

cautious.png.1b3d6e19e4ecda52ac516aabcebf5d50.png

1093444033_resultslatest.png.6f68151bed7b04e8dd6645e562eefe82.png

Having 3 (or even just 2) so different tactics - with even different formations and team mentalities - is never a good idea IMHO. And even more so when you manage a top team (which Arsenal certainly is).

That's my honest opinion based on my personal experience, but of course - anyone is free to disagree (as some probably will). 

4 hours ago, Hectic said:

Sticking with the 4 - 3 - 3 positive led me from 12th back up to 6th currently

If so, then stick to that particular tactic and work on improving it further (because I think there definitely is room for improvement). 

25 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Having 3 (or even just 2) so different tactics - with even different formations and team mentalities - is never a good idea IMHO. And even more so when you manage a top team (which Arsenal certainly is).

That's my honest opinion based on my personal experience, but of course - anyone is free to disagree (as some probably will). 

If so, then stick to that particular tactic and work on improving it further (because I think there definitely is room for improvement). 

I'll keep that in mind, got any suggestions to improve the 4 - 3 - 3?

2 hours ago, Hectic said:

got any suggestions to improve the 4 - 3 - 3?

In terms of roles and duties, I would definitely avoid playing a mezzala and the wide forward in front of him on the same duty. And given that this is the flat-midfield 433 (with no DM), I would rather change the AML's duty than the mezzala's. 

The central CM's duty would be switched to defend, again because of the formation. 

And considering your players from the screenshot, this is the most likely setup I would opt for:

DLFsu

IFat                                     IWsu

MEZsu  CMde  DLPsu

WBsu   BPDde   CDde   FBat

SKde/su

In-possession TIs look okay, so I would not change them (at least for now).

In transition - basically okay, although the counter can prove problematic if you use it all the time, simply because you are probably facing very defensive opposition most of the time, so there is hardly going to be enough space for counter-attacks. On top of that, your players will attempt counter-attacks from time to time even without the instruction, but only when there is a really good opportunity.

Out of possession - I would definitely avoid being so needlessly aggressive, not only because of the obvious defensive risk but also because it can affect your attacking play, primarily in terms of space creation and utilization. If nothing else, I would drop the LOE just a notch (to standard instead of higher).