Whats the Best Corner tactic (FM19)

Ok so i just finished my season in the premier league and at the end of the season i always analyse my players stats to see what i could improve on or alter slightly. I have noticed that my Centre Backs have a combined total shots of just over 250 shots and only 4 goals between them, this is an absolutely terrible return and to make the matters even worse this season i bought Robert Skov (Corners 16 Free Kicks 17) and to add him to my previous set piece taker Carles Alena (Corners 15 Free kicks 15). It would seem that last year i scored more with one centre back Mouctar Diakhaby scored 6 goals by himself combined to this years 4 out of 250 shots from Centre Backs. My only theory is that the AI sussed out my corner tactic which is aim for the far post, best aerial player on attack far post, second best attack from deep, third best lurk far post, fourth best attack near post(mostly to just drag an opponent out of the target area)

So having said that, whats your best corner tactics please? 

Save game version is 19.3.6

I had Alena as well taking my corner kicks from the right also to far post because he's left footed, indeed 15 corner taking and 'curls ball' trait. Corners from the left side I have a right-footed player taking them, I think he was slightly less good at it and didn't have the curl ball trait so I had those going to the near post. 

So talking about Alena curling in the ball with his left foot for right-side corner kicks, my routine was: 

Best aerial: Attack far post
Second-best aerial: Lurk far post
My DM who had a great deal of bravery and strength etc to mark goalkeeper
My striker who was quite 'OK' in many aspects (heading, anticipation, bravery etc) to attack from deep. Only very occasionally he would get to the ball. 
A playmaker type waiting at the edge of the box for the loose ball (anticipation, vision, decisions, long shots)
Then two players at the near post, well basically the ones left but ideally they have decent anticipation, bravery, aerial presence to give the final touch when the ball comes back from the far post
Only my wingbacks would stay behind. 

Note that aerial presence is not only jumping reach and heading ability, but also things like anticipation, bravery, strength etc. 

On a side-note what did you pay for Alena? I managed to get him for 1,5 million :D

40 minutes ago, GianniM said:

I had Alena as well taking my corner kicks from the right also to far post because he's left footed, indeed 15 corner taking and 'curls ball' trait. Corners from the left side I have a right-footed player taking them, I think he was slightly less good at it and didn't have the curl ball trait so I had those going to the near post. 

So talking about Alena curling in the ball with his left foot for right-side corner kicks, my routine was: 

Best aerial: Attack far post
Second-best aerial: Lurk far post
My DM who had a great deal of bravery and strength etc to mark goalkeeper
My striker who was quite 'OK' in many aspects (heading, anticipation, bravery etc) to attack from deep. Only very occasionally he would get to the ball. 
A playmaker type waiting at the edge of the box for the loose ball (anticipation, vision, decisions, long shots)
Then two players at the near post, well basically the ones left but ideally they have decent anticipation, bravery, aerial presence to give the final touch when the ball comes back from the far post
Only my wingbacks would stay behind. 

Note that aerial presence is not only jumping reach and heading ability, but also things like anticipation, bravery, strength etc. 

On a side-note what did you pay for Alena? I managed to get him for 1,5 million :D

Thats a bargain! i got him for 9 million.

I'll try that then for the right side set up... im thinking about trying yourse for the right side then try a new one ill make up on the left side, then ill try and record each corner goal i score up to january and see if theyre working for me. Are you playing 5-3-2 with wing backs too?

Yeah I guess I was lucky haha

I played 4-1-2-3 and 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMs. In the 4-1-2-3 Alena was AP as a CM and in the 4-2-3-1 he was my shadow striker actually. 

Many of my corner kicks reached my players at the far post but were then headed off target or the goalkeeper got to them. I did manage to score quite a few though. It contributed to my 20-year old regen CB winning best player of the league :D 

Not having Alena anymore, but another guy who has 15 in corners and curls ball. So I tried doing the same with him, but he wasn't as successful as Alena was. Perhaps lacking in technique, only 13. A lot of corner kicks to far post just went too far. So I switched to near post a few matches ago. The averages are showing: 

15 in 35 = 0.42 with the far post routine included

image.thumb.png.303fd10f87ea3103e101f8a3f4e3a4ce.png

7 in 10 = 0.7 with near post routine

image.thumb.png.9a6389c549ba358e4fc5e3362ac341a4.png

Then of course I have my best aerial players on attack and lurk near post. 

Can't really get my head around the free kicks though. Seems like they just kick it to the far post while my routine is set to near post :seagull:

Edited by GianniM