2D TV mode on dual monitor setup... feature request

:cool: It's what dual monitor setups were invented for.

dualmonitorfmcn8.gif

But why oh why oh why can we not change the size of the little matchday info windows?

Scrolling through the Assistant Manager's comments is such a ball-ache.

I use it all the time, it's brilliant, but the scrolling is so annoying!

I want to make that window big enough that no scrolling is necessary.

The other thing I'd like to have control over is the size of the panes on all the main game screens. On a single screen setup, it's all very aesthetically pleasing to have a player selection pane on the left that is wider than the tactics pane on the right, but on a dual-monitor setup you've got the players and most of their stats on the left monitor, and just their condition on the right screen before you hit the tactics pane. Why can't we have the control to change the position of the division between the panes? That way I could manually adjust it so that the divide would fall in between the screns, giving me my player stats on one screen and the tactics on the other screen with no crossover. Much better!

While we're on the subject, why can't we change the size and display order of statistics/fields on the pages that have lists of data on them?

E.g. on the player search screen, it'd be great if we could choose which individual stats appear (rather than just a list of set selections), and the ability to change the width and relative position of each of the stat columns.

Also, being able to change the size and position of the actual pitch in 2D TV Mode would be useful for dual monitor setups too.

It would allow someone to put the pitch on one screen and all the matchday info windows on the other screen if they so desired.

It'd be nice to have the option to save layouts too.

By the way, I think this is the BEST FM EVER.

I'm completely addicted.

I've got loads of other ideas if you're interested?

example 1:

fmannoyinglayoutia8.gif

See what I mean?

If we could change the column positions / sizes, then this screen wouldn't be so annoying.

Here's an example of wasted space...

fmirritatinglayouthi2.jpg

It'd be great if there was an option in the preferences page for "dualscreen" mode, where FM would automatically use a different layout, one that was tailored to a dualscreen setup. In this case, the fixtures and results could be on the left-hand screen, while the right-hand screen could be showing the league table or something.

Anyway, putting aside my feature requests, here's another bug...

Graphics bug / glitch / something when using 3D match mode...

fm3dmodegraphicsglitchzp2.jpg

Also, in TV mode, why does it sometimes rearrange all my matchday info windows when I'm altering tactics?

Something more for dualscreen would be cool yeah! at the moment I just play FM on one screen and leave the other for anything else

Aw mate, it's brilliant!

If you can put up with the difficult-to-read league tables etc., it's worth it just for the 2D TV Mode view on matchdays.

I'm watching my matches in full for the first time with FM09. In previous versions I've always just used "Key" or "Extended" highlights but this TV Mode is something else!

I get right into it, watching carefully how each player is playing, and reading any comments my assistant manager makes, but without the little info windows getting in the way of the pitch (see first pic, above).

If you have 2 screens, I thoroughly recommend it.

3200x1200 resolution :cool:

I have 2 screens and normally just use MSN, firefox etc on the other screen whilst FM is running. It'd be nice to be able to spread out FM over 2 screens though. Is it possible?

Yes, it's possible!

I'm running FM at 3200x1200 resolution!

It's brilliant!

Like I said, there's just a couple of little irritations with layouts that have been designed for a single screen, but on the whole it's SOOO much better than just 1 screen.

It's worth it for the 2D TV Mode alone! I can have ALL the Matchday Info windows open at the same time and NONE of them cover up the pitch! See the first pic above :)

Hmmmn.

I said it was brilliant, but the only way I could get past my match on the 21st November 2010 was to turn off my 2nd monitor and run in single-screen mode.

Otherwise, it kept crashing with the crash dump error.

I'm utterly devastated. This mode MADE this game for me.

Archived