Difference between home and away

So I'm Hoffenheim, it's the mid 2040s and we're firmly entrenched as one of the "best of the rest" behind Bayern who appear untouchable even 25 years in the future.  We've finished between 2nd and 5th for the past 6 seasons but can't kick on.  I am just getting so frustrated with our league form, specifically the away games.  

Our last seven home league games have finished 2-1, 3-0, 4-0, 5-2, 4-0, 9-0, and 1-0.  So we have scored 28 and conceded 3 and picked up 21 points.  The 9-0 I actually holidayed through as I had previously won the game 4-0 but it then crashed.  Our goals in this game were 2 penalties, 6  goals from corners, free kicks or throw ins, and one from open play.

Our last seven away league games have finished 2-4, 1-2, 0-1, 1-3, 2-2, 0-1 1-2.  So we have scored 7 and conceded 15 and picked up 1 point.  

It's been a run of fairly easy games, the only one that I expected to lose was the second away game (v Dortmund) and they outplayed us, fair enough.

For the 7 home games it's been shots 179 - 43, shots on target 94 - 21, CCC 18 - 2, HC 26 - 7

For the 7 away games it's been shots 121 - 111, shots on target 61 - 47, CCC 10 - 10, HC 14 - 12 (my numbers first)

I just can't fathom how the same tactic works so well at home, and then even when we dominate most away games, we just seem to lose.  I'm sure we don't create the 'wrong type of clear cut chance' in away games, but for five out of the seven games we were comfortably the better side but ended up losing.  Ironically, the one point we did get was a game that looking at the stats we should have lost.  I could well end up being sacked due to this as I'm expected to qualify for the Champions League but am 7th with 5 games to go

I am sick of watching us play some great stuff, create a brilliant chance for my player to gently chip it into the keepers hands, then their right back scores a worldy from 25 yards for his first ever goal for the club in his 50th game.  Also I'm sure the analysis screen doesn't register all the goals properly as more seem to come from set pieces than it credits.  I think unless it's a straight header in, rather than a knock down or follow up it doesn't count as being scored from the set piece which is crazy.

My centre backs go up for all corners, free kicks and throw ins; one of them has the third most attempts on goal in the league - 116 in 27 games so far.

Has anyone else really struggled with losing away games when they think they shouldn't?