Continuing online save after gamepass

My friend and I were both playing a FM2020 save online, both using the Xbox Gamepass version of the game. After all the problems with connecting and such on the game pass, we both bought the game on Steam so we can carry on together. However, when I join the online game (which is saved onto his computer)  it brings me in as a new manager and I can' figure out how to take control of my team again.

Any suggestions?

• Administrators

Good question. Is something I'll mention to our network team and see if we can find a solution. In the meantime, as a workaround I think they (as in the host) can take control of your manager then select 'My Profile' -> 'Go on Holiday'. As long as the game is being run on a server, there should be a checkbox at the bottom which says 'Disconnect Manager from Network Game'. Tick this and click 'Go on Holiday'. This should hopefully allow you to rejoin as this manager when you connect to the network game. 

Let me know if that works, but as said will check with the network team to see if there's any other solution. 

Just tried that but no luck. Still ended up with my old profile being in charge of Liverpool (Don't hold that against me) and also an unemployed new profile as well. Next to the old manager is a "Take control" button but that is grayed out and can't be pressed. I wonder if there is a way that button can be pressed at all.

The only solution I have thought of now is to get my friend to retire the old manager and then I can join again as Liverpool boss, but then I'd lose all my player relationships and past statistics and such, which I'd rather avoid if possible.

Thank you for looking into this for me.

17 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Good question. Is something I'll mention to our network team and see if we can find a solution. In the meantime, as a workaround I think they (as in the host) can take control of your manager then select 'My Profile' -> 'Go on Holiday'. As long as the game is being run on a server, there should be a checkbox at the bottom which says 'Disconnect Manager from Network Game'. Tick this and click 'Go on Holiday'. This should hopefully allow you to rejoin as this manager when you connect to the network game. 

Let me know if that works, but as said will check with the network team to see if there's any other solution. 

We got this sorted in the end. My friend clicked the check box on the right hand side on my profile on the game status menu. This then automatically put me back in control of my old profile.