Unrealistic expectations

My manager performance is currently at ‘E’ due to some questionable board expectations. 

11 games into the season, I took over St Pauli in the German second tier. They were rock bottom, with 6 points and 1 win to their name. Despite this, the board’s expectations were to reach the playoffs (3rd place). At the time I did think those expectations could cause me problems at the end of the season, but I had no option to lower them - only to raise them to gaining promotion or winning the title. 

Currently, having played 32 games of 34, I’m sitting in 4th. My record since joining is W13-D6-L2. Due to the club’s form before my arrival, though, I’m too far from 3rd to catch up. However, there’s no recognition of this from the board. 

Surely, either A) The board should never have given me those expectations in the first place, given we were 18th when I arrived. B) The board should recognise that it’s hardly my fault we’ve not made the playoffs. 

Anyone had similar experiences? It’ll be pretty annoying if I get sacked, given I’m confident of getting promoted over a full season. 

1 hour ago, Bocadillo said:

My manager performance is currently at ‘E’ due to some questionable board expectations. 

11 games into the season, I took over St Pauli in the German second tier. They were rock bottom, with 6 points and 1 win to their name. Despite this, the board’s expectations were to reach the playoffs (3rd place). At the time I did think those expectations could cause me problems at the end of the season, but I had no option to lower them - only to raise them to gaining promotion or winning the title. 

Currently, having played 32 games of 34, I’m sitting in 4th. My record since joining is W13-D6-L2. Due to the club’s form before my arrival, though, I’m too far from 3rd to catch up. However, there’s no recognition of this from the board. 

Surely, either A) The board should never have given me those expectations in the first place, given we were 18th when I arrived. B) The board should recognise that it’s hardly my fault we’ve not made the playoffs. 

Anyone had similar experiences? It’ll be pretty annoying if I get sacked, given I’m confident of getting promoted over a full season. 

seems like a bug to me. no way the expectations are realistic and they have given u an 'E' despite the performance. a grade of around C seems fair to me. report it in the bugs forum.