Analysis & Planning

kevgaleuk

Monthly, Post Match & Individual analysis & Training

In this save I have started taking a more hands on role in setting and managing training; finding things I think we need to work on and trying to implement that within the next week or weeks or month's schedule. What I need is more info.... especially in relation to context within the game as I have no genuine knowledge whether doing what I am doing is actually making a difference

What would be really helpful is as follows:

• Monthly reports on upcoming teams - their strengths and their weaknesses to help me plan the type of training I need to implement (over and above a core, regular training regime) i.e. if I am playing burnley (currently) you'd likely need to train on stopping crosses or dealing with areal defending; if you are playing the big boys you probably need to focus on keeping your shape, maybe some focus on set pieces or how you counter / keep possession to avoid the onslaught. Ultimately it all depends on your team and who you're playing and how the AI has them playing at that point in time. My point is it would be imensely useful to have my analysts give me an idea of how they play (tempo, focus on wing play, counter attack etc) and combine that with my coaching staff recommending the type of training we might want to implement. As new fixtures emerge (cups etc) the weekly or ad-hoc reports make sense

• Post Match Analysis - again after a game good or bad result it would be helpful for my analysts to call out what worked well and didn't work well in the matches i.e. we conceded a lot of chances from crosses (might want to consider coaching wide defending) or lost a lot of headers or looked unfit etc and this, again, with coach input helping maybe tweak the week's schedule. Critical to this is context as what happened in a match against Burnley and what we would need to do for the next match against Wolves for example needs to be considered so breaking it into things to train for similar teams (i.e. Palace in 2 weeks time or the return against Burnley (with an update on whether they have changed styles in-between closer to the time) would be one set of recommendations vs things we should still think about training (corner vulnerability or inability to make them work for us etc) in the coming week would be super helpful - not to mention probably quite realistic

• Individual Analysis - I'd like the ability to set short and long term development based on performance. If my player has a habit of giving the ball away I might want to train them on keeping the ball (composure, ball control) or playing simple balls to colleagues (passing/decision making) - I might want to suggest they focus on that this week/next few weeks but as an addition to the longer-term plan I have set out for them

Equally - when it comes to coach advice / feedback it would be super helpful if players are unhappy about training (which seems to be during pre-seasons mainly) for the coach to recommend specific training I could do to appease i.e. add 1 or 2 sessions of x vs you might need to rethink training over all

Thanks

• 9 months later...