Error in nation rules - competition not set up yet

Zano

Hoping somebody can help me with an issue I'm having. I am attempting to bring an old version of a re-work of the US soccer system into FM2020. An initial attempt validates fine. I think attempted to modify the start and end dates of the competitions to get them to flow better and avoid some conflicts I had in the working FM2018 version.

Since doing that, I am now getting an "Error In Nation Rules" with description of "Competition <Name> not set up yet for squad selection date on <end of January registration window PLUS 1 DAY>". Initially I was using the "Add team registration dates ranges for transfer window" and this issue began occurring. I've tried:

• Deleting all match rules and subsequently removing all registration windows: fixes issue
  • Re-creating match rules: same issue
  • Changing to pre-defined squad registration date ranges: only fixes the issue ifthe January window is NOT included. As long as January window is included, this error occurs.

I'm hoping someone can help. I've attached two files:

Zano_MiloAmericanPyramid2020_1.0: this is the working version bringing this forward from the working FM2018 version.

Zano_MiloAmericanPyramid2020_2.0-TEST: this is the updated version that will not validate.

I'm at a loss, appreciate any help.

Zano_MiloAmericanPyramid2020_1.0.fmf Zano_MiloAmericanPyramid2020_2.0-TEST.fmf

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 27/12/2020 at 09:35, 3Styles said:

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having a similar issue with FM21

I never did, and to make things worse (though better for me at this point as I dive back into it now) is the issue with the database seems to have resolved itself in FM2021. It validates properly with exactly the same setup. My only assumption is therefore that there was some sort of defect somewhere that resulted in the issue presenting itself.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to make new squad rules (without any restrictions etc.), give number (for example you if you have 2 leagues with rules 0 and 1, there you need set 2) and later this rules assign to playoff (write this number 2 in correct place). I had this same problems with every leagues where I have playoff and come to advanced editor and it is solutions.