Please remove players learning traits feature

zindrinho

On 11/02/2020 at 11:41, Christopher Lewis said:

They don't actually have to be in a mentoring group to pick up traits - any influential player in the squad can provide them (which I'm guessing the striker in the main team is). It's more likely if they're in the same mentoring group as the player supplying the trait, but can still happen if not.

This is incredibly annoying to me, I spent most of my money buying Jadon Sancho which was a revelation, I was applauding him while watching him tear through defences cutting inside from the left wing - until he suddenly picked up a new trait that said Knocks ball past opponent.

While this trait can be really helpful for non-inverted wingers with loads of pace but no dribbling skills its absolutely useless in my system when a player cuts inside, he just stopped dancing around opponents like they were training cones and rather just started running with the ball towards the byline, or kick the ball 5yrds in front of him and strait into the opponents holding midfielder.

I havent been this frustrated with a player since Josh King on my Bommoth save (FM18), runs through the middle AND knocks ball past opponent - straight into another opponent.
I   wanna be in charge of my team and how they play, I want to make the decisions as I am the manager! Having Sancho spend 6 months unlearning a trait I never wanted him to learn in the first place - with no guarantee that he doesn't just pick up that trait again makes me wanna pull my hair out.

• 3 months later...