PPMs and Coaches

rockpie

I think it would be great to link the ability of teaching Player Preferred Moves with having the right coaches at the club.

Right now, any coach can (seemingly) teach any PPM to any player, so long as the player is suitable to learning that trait.

But surely not every coach is adept at teaching certain PPMs?

I think it would be a great way to deepen the experience of how you construct your backroom staff to make it so that you can only teach players PPMs that your coaches know how to train.

For example, maybe I want my rising star CM to be able to Switch Ball to the Opposite Flank.

Well, perhaps that PPM requires a coach with a certain level of technique and attacking coaching ability, or a coaching "trait" of Can Train Players to Switch Ball to the Opposite Flank.

And if I don't have a coach with the ability to do that, I can't coach the PPM to the player.

This would add a whole new dimension to constructing a successful backroom staff that is suited to the style of play and philosophy that you want to instill at a club.

Under 23 and Under 18 managers, for example, could be set (in staff responsibilities) to take control of PPMs for their respective squads - and they can only teach the ones available to them via the U23 and U18 staff on the books.

It's a relatively easy way of adding something to the coach mechanics that is (probably) accurate to real-life and makes choosing staff more strategic that just "who has the attributes to give me a 5 star rating in each coaching category".

Hope I explained that OK.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...