Can't Get Competition to Start

tariq13

I'm almost embarrassed to ask such a basic question, but I seriously cannot find a solution to this. I'm trying to create the lower divisions in the United States. I'm starting with the second division (USL Championship, but in the game known as United States Soccer League Division One). For some reason I can't get the competition to start. The database verifies, but when I run a test it doesn't begin the competition. I've tested the database in-game as well. When I'm selecting the active divisions, United States Soccer League Division One shows up. When I get to team selection and the actual game, the division is now gone. I know this must be something simple but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. Please help.

test.fmf

UPDATE: This has been fixed. I honestly have no idea what happened. I didn't change anything. It just started working. I wonder if an update to the editor went out or something. Anyway, onward and upward.

En 22/11/2019 a las 16:58, tariq13 dijo:

UPDATE: This has been fixed. I honestly have no idea what happened. I didn't change anything. It just started working. I wonder if an update to the editor went out or something. Anyway, onward and upward.

I'm having the same problem, i have the competition with rules, its under nations rules tab and teams required tab and the is inactive tick is disabled, it verifies in editor and when i go in game i can't select teams from that competition. are you sure you didn't change anything and it fixed itself?

14 hours ago, wawsaki said:

I'm having the same problem, i have the competition with rules, its under nations rules tab and teams required tab and the is inactive tick is disabled, it verifies in editor and when i go in game i can't select teams from that competition. are you sure you didn't change anything and it fixed itself?

I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything. Something I've noticed about this year's editor is that sometimes if I close the program and restart it, things start working. It's very weird. This is what happened here. I didn't change anything, I got frustrated and turned it off for the night. In the morning I turned it on, tested the competition, and it started working.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally discovered what the problem was here while working on something else. When you first setup advanced rules for the USA, the second division (United States Soccer League Division One) is in the list of competitions twice. When you get rid of the duplicate one, the competition will start.

Edited by tariq13