Ingame Bug report / PKM / Save uploader

RiverReveal666

After keeping a regular update on the Official Beta FM20 Feedback thread since the beta release, providing my own feedback and reading countless others feedback, I have a suggestion to try and ease a recurring theme throught the thread. This suggestion sounds easy in my head, but understand the complexities of software development may not be quite so easy.

The Current Problem:  Players are leaving feedback on issues (mainly the match engine) in this thread in words, where the mods and devs would rather pkms and /or saves uploaded in the specific bug request part of the forum. Most players I would imagine aren't going to these lengths, although a big shout out to those who do. I am not part of these forums during the year, only around release time and even though I have played every FM and CM since the 90s I still wouldnt really know where my PKM is. The clicks and time needed to specify issues is for me, counter balanced by the probability that someone has already raised the similar issue using all the correct files and wordage and time stamps required in the correct forum. Personally I see *Official* feedback thread and write my feedback and see many others do so to.

The Current Process: Players spot a bug in the ME. They look on Official Forums, they sign up to Official Forums. They reply in Official feedback thread. They get told this isn't enough. Go to correct bug thread. Learn how to send a PKM or a save file. Create thread with attached PKM / Save with time stamps or issue. Its a protracted process and the part where they get told its not enough is where a lot of angst stems from.

Idea: During the beta and even in the main game have an ingame bug report feature. A match has been played, something considered a bug has been spotted, there is a little bug report icon on the post match screen. Dialouge box enabling user to explain the issue and add time stamps, press send and a PKM has been sent to the same dev team that will be looking through the bug report thread. Personally I would make use of that process and find it more intuitive than the current process. 

Just an idea, but after reading through this thread I do sympathise with people who are leaving feedback and then being told its not enough. 

Edited by RiverReveal666

• 9 months later...