FMT in Samsung Dex

I've got a Samsung device which has Dex on it - Im just struggling to get FMT to open full screen or in a resizable window. I've enabled the resizable windows option in Samsung Labs, but everytime FMT restarts, it keeps on giving me the message that it has to restart when I try to maximise the window.

Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it? Can't wait to play the game with a mouse and keyboard via my device on a screen!

• 2 months later...

Yeah, i have the same problem when i run it on Samsung Dex, some applications aren't compatible for that though even if you have enabled it in labs, i think its more of a samsung thing than FM thing as i have the swame problem with a couple of other apllicstions too, most work fine but a couple do what you said 

1 hour ago, 19NT95 said:

Yeah, i have the same problem when i run it on Samsung Dex, some applications aren't compatible for that though even if you have enabled it in labs, i think its more of a samsung thing than FM thing as i have the swame problem with a couple of other apllicstions too, most work fine but a couple do what you said 

Remember there is an error message about apps not being full screen compatible if they're touch screen only. As it happens, FMT won't respond to scroll wheel mouse for instance, hence to scroll through squad lists or anything else, you have to click and drag (touch screen effectivey) - so I'm sure its an FMT thing rather than Samsung, and logically it isn't up to Samsung to ensure all apps aren't touch screen only and are compatible with Samsung Dex.

The only workaround I can think of is using the game via Max Dex, but that didn't work for me witt FMT19, so I doubt it'll work with FMT20.

3 minutes ago, daherlihy said:

Remember there is an error message about apps not being full screen compatible if they're touch screen only. As it happens, FMT won't respond to scroll wheel mouse for instance, hence to scroll through squad lists or anything else, you have to click and drag (touch screen effectivey) - so I'm sure its an FMT thing rather than Samsung, and logically it isn't up to Samsung to ensure all apps aren't touch screen only and are compatible with Samsung Dex.

The only workaround I can think of is using the game via Max Dex, but that didn't work for me witt FMT19, so I doubt it'll work with FMT20.

I get what you're saying, if i manage to find a fix or anything i'll let you know. Ill have a fiddle with things haha

• 2 months later...

Not sure if people are still interested but finally found a easy fix for this. In DeX you just need to use the "Game Launcher" app first and then in there tick the icon for full screen. Then launch FMT through Game Launcher and it plays in full screen without any glitches. Tested using Samsung S10+ and playing Football Manager Touch 2020. Thanks

On 17/02/2020 at 15:42, stubeetle said:

Not sure if people are still interested but finally found a easy fix for this. In DeX you just need to use the "Game Launcher" app first and then in there tick the icon for full screen. Then launch FMT through Game Launcher and it plays in full screen without any glitches. Tested using Samsung S10+ and playing Football Manager Touch 2020. Thanks

There's another way which worked for me last night - 2 steps:

1. Enable the option to resize your apps in Samsung Labs
    • Open your settings
    • Select DeX Settings
    • Enable "Samsung DeX Labs" (note you may need to open the Labs menu also to toggle the resize option)
  2. Enable Developer Mode in Samsung Dex Settings
    • Open your settings
    • Select DeX Settings
    • Select "About Samsung DeX"
    • Click on the DeX logo five times to enable DEVELOPER MODE which will be indicated beside the current version number of your DeX.
Edited by daherlihy