Fundamental issues - Better team & GK AI, tactics, player interactions

theballstopshere

Please fix these very fundamental issues. They are all regular occurrences.  It is making the game very frustrating to watch.

- Poor team AI. Every team just sits deep against me, regardless of big or small teams. Which is fine except that they allow my players shooting opportunities within the box itself. Closing down of shots and marking is very poor. You would expect shots to be closed down and marking to be much better when they are all camped in their box. 

- Fullbacks defending far too wide even when there are no opposing wingers and the opposing team is attacking down the middle. And I use the narrowest defending width setting. Fullbacks are supposed to be more tucked in and not leave their centrebacks so exposed when defending. 

- Closing down of opposition players and cutting off passing lanes is poor and random. Often, I will have three players chasing after a player, and in the same direction. Gengenpressing is poor and does not have a system to it. Can we implement pressing triggers and things like that?

- Too much sliding tackles even when playing 'get stuck in'. Don't see many sliding tackles in modern football now. It should be about more aggressive in terms of marking, tackling, body strength... not about sliding tackles. 

- GK AI is poor too. Reaction to save second/rebound shots is almost non existent. When a ball rebounds off a post/bar, they don't react to it even if the ball is slow. And most times, they fail to save second shots (or even move) even if they ample time to react.

- I play Sweeper Keeper (Attacking) yet all my GKs are always rooted on the spot and does not play the role. I have rarely seen my keepers rush out of the line for one to ones or to clear a loose ball. 

- When a player is unhappy, even over slight things, I cannot even speak to him or his agent. I don't see how accurate it is to real life. 

- I am playing Liverpool, winning the league and Champions League but the numbers that show up whenever I play an overseas friendly is very low. It does not even fill up half the stadium and I am talking about countries like US, China and Australia. Friendly matches routinely attract sell out crowds for big teams.

Edited by theballstopshere

Please also look at improving the Asian and South American teams. It is too easy to beat them during the World Club Cup. I don't think it should be the case too. 

There should also be at least two free kick takers ready to take the kick, especially when it comes to direct free kicks (to keep the GK guessing which kicker will take it). 

Edited by theballstopshere

• 11 months later...