Blocked shots

I think someone hear already mentioned how so many crosses get blocked. I think that blocking could generally do with improvement in the match engine. The players need to be a bit more intelligent and not hit the ball straight at an opposition player, unless they want it to go out for a throw in or goal kick to their team. 

Too often I see a player line up to hit a ball towards goal in or around the penalty area, with an opposition player literally right in front of him, and the shot gets blocked (obviously). It's like they don't have that sense of space. Of course some shots can get blocked when defenders throw themselves in the way of the ball, but it seems that in this game the attacking players are not intelligent enough to know that some shots simply won't get past a solid human being when they are standing right in front of you, so there is no point trying them.

Not just on crosses for me.  I've had my center mids do what looks like a 5 second wind up so as to deliver the most block worthy shot in recorded history.  Naturally, the ball ricochets back to the other side of the pitch where a forward goes in uncontested.  

You would have to be legally blind to actually go forward with the attempt yet they do 10-15 times a game.

Archived