Disable the "fake symbol" on kits? And the fake logo completely?

rjohansen

Anyone knows if it is possible to:

1. Disable the fake logos - they look silly and I remember there used to be a default shield for every club with just the colors of the team. I think it looks much better than something trying to look like a logo.

2. Much more importantly though, as I have downloaded a logo pack that covers a lot of teams: How do I disable the fake logo being put on top of the kit? I don't want to download a new mega pack just for kits... But it's almost unplayable for me looking at the silly symbol on top of the kit. 

Edit: Solved it. I created a simpler default shield/crest from one of the game ones and used number 1-13 for it - so that no more silly crests. Also, for the kit, I struggled a bit more with that, but I used the "resource archiver" or what the tool is called (used it for both) and found it under ..\graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\front\default\logos - here I just made a blank file (png) and did the same. I still struggled a bit though, it worked when using dark skin, but changing the skin made it reappear... Then I found the clear cache button. All worked out. 

On 04/02/2019 at 00:29, rjohansen said:

Anyone knows if it is possible to:

1. Disable the fake logos - they look silly and I remember there used to be a default shield for every club with just the colors of the team. I think it looks much better than something trying to look like a logo.

2. Much more importantly though, as I have downloaded a logo pack that covers a lot of teams: How do I disable the fake logo being put on top of the kit? I don't want to download a new mega pack just for kits... But it's almost unplayable for me looking at the silly symbol on top of the kit. 

Edit: Solved it. I created a simpler default shield/crest from one of the game ones and used number 1-13 for it - so that no more silly crests. Also, for the kit, I struggled a bit more with that, but I used the "resource archiver" or what the tool is called (used it for both) and found it under ..\graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\front\default\logos - here I just made a blank file (png) and did the same. I still struggled a bit though, it worked when using dark skin, but changing the skin made it reappear... Then I found the clear cache button. All worked out. 

Ad. 2 there is an easier way. You need to edit "(...)\panels\widgets\kit picture.xml" and delete line 5:  <widget class="picture" id="Logo"/>

On 08/02/2019 at 17:56, wawsaki said:

Can you elaborate a bit more? i would like to take those logos out of the kits too

Wozzie came up with another solution and it may be easier, I haven't tested as I already worked it out, what I did was:

1. I created a simpler shield - ie. I took one of the original and simplified it to look like a "default shield" for everyone. I don't then mistake it for a crest. When I did so, I also copied it so that 1-13 (different logos) where the same. 

2. For the logos on the the kit, I did struggle a bit more, but I found on of the files (see folder above) and just deleted the content so it was blank. And then I did the same, I deleted the others and copied it to 0.png → 13.png.

5 hours ago, Ven-Eno said:

HI,

One thing I dont' understand, why the default kit don't assume the downloaded logo?

Instead of put some fake logo, should be linked to the id team logo.

Totally separate files though - the default kits are designed to colour dependant on the teams colours/what kit style is set in the editor.

Archived