Qualification places for champions league/europa league

ClownCollege

I’ve created a league system using Liechtenstein as the base nation as they have no playable leagues, but the qualification places for European competitions seems to be fixed at just 1 team entering the europa league.

I thought the club and nation coefficients affected the amount of places each nation gets allocated in these competitions, but I simulated 10 years and despite the league being recognised as the best league in Europe, it still only gives 1 qualification spot for the Europa league and none at all for the champions league. Is there any way to edit this because I haven’t found it so far?

1 hour ago, ClownCollege said:

I’ve created a league system using Liechtenstein as the base nation as they have no playable leagues, but the qualification places for European competitions seems to be fixed at just 1 team entering the europa league.

I thought the club and nation coefficients affected the amount of places each nation gets allocated in these competitions, but I simulated 10 years and despite the league being recognised as the best league in Europe, it still only gives 1 qualification spot for the Europa league and none at all for the champions league. Is there any way to edit this because I haven’t found it so far?

Its hardcoded for Liechtenstein.

1 minute ago, ClownCollege said:

Sorry I’m a bit naive in editing terms, does that mean you can’t edit that part at all? And also is it only Liechtenstein that’s the case for?

Yeah - tbh im not sure whats gonna happen if you create new continental rules. Maybe its hardcoded only for default qualification system - not new added. Never tried anything with Liechtenstein so i dont know.

It's because Liechtenstein's clubs are playing in Swiss Leagues, only the Liechtenstein cup winner can qualify for International competitions - even if a Liechtenstein club wins the Swiss League, it won't qualify for champions league. 

Of course the cup winner can qualify for champions league - if they'll win Euro League. 

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Liechtenstein#Men's_domestic_football

Archived