Adding Continental spots where i like

PokemonScanHams

Pretty new to editing, have successfully restructured the NZ league and also re-done the champions league its perhaps a little more simple than i would have liked but its okay.

My question is, How do you add the continental qualifying spots? In the advanced editor for competitions there are so many different options that look like they allow you to modify the spots but i know now that two of them cause issues with "number of teams is less than competition blah blah blah"

I found out how to add more spots in general to the New Zealand league via continental rules editor and my new OFC CL and i have also done this to the "teams section"
image.thumb.png.528dbb9c1c102ad8e8a8e37c979fb6b4.png

I have simmed a few years but due to the NZ league being fairly lopsided its a case of 3 -5 teams in the top 5 and winning the NZFA Cup so it is hard to tell if Cup winners are being added. Only real way i can find out is asking someone here.

If i am right and all the qualifications spots are handled by the Continental rules editor, then what are the options in the advanced competition editor in relation to continental cup spots used for? All they ever did was cause me massive headaches and hours of frustration

On 11/07/2018 at 00:02, PokemonScanHams said:

Pretty new to editing, have successfully restructured the NZ league and also re-done the champions league its perhaps a little more simple than i would have liked but its okay.

My question is, How do you add the continental qualifying spots? In the advanced editor for competitions there are so many different options that look like they allow you to modify the spots but i know now that two of them cause issues with "number of teams is less than competition blah blah blah"

I found out how to add more spots in general to the New Zealand league via continental rules editor and my new OFC CL and i have also done this to the "teams section"
image.thumb.png.528dbb9c1c102ad8e8a8e37c979fb6b4.png

I have simmed a few years but due to the NZ league being fairly lopsided its a case of 3 -5 teams in the top 5 and winning the NZFA Cup so it is hard to tell if Cup winners are being added. Only real way i can find out is asking someone here.

If i am right and all the qualifications spots are handled by the Continental rules editor, then what are the options in the advanced competition editor in relation to continental cup spots used for? All they ever did was cause me massive headaches and hours of frustration

i dont understand your question. explain how do you want to create champions league and i will help. and yes - all continental spots are  handled in "teams" section of continental rules editor.

I rambled a fair bit i must admit.

Basically due to the distinct lack of OCE team in the game i have to have a 24 team CL with ....1 combined opening round knockout stage > 2 Groups > Top two semis > final

I guess i was making sure my assumptions were correct while also trying to figure out what the purpose of the other continental qualifying options are for in the competition editor.

Archived