Redemption!

I've just had one of those "up yours" moments on FM which brings a huge grin to my face! Currently playing a travelling man game which has so far taken in Olympiakos, Roma, Wolfsburg & currently Sporting Lisbon.

I did OK in Greece, 1 cup & 1 title in 2 seasons. Italy saw no trophies but a cup runners up medal and 2 x 3rd place finishes before I foresaw a financial collapse and didn't renew my expiring contract.

Then I went to Germany where I always fail miserably in the Bundesliga for some reason and this was no different as I was sacked in February 2023 with the club in the bottom half whilst the board expected Champions League (was never going to happen with that squad!)

I rejected a few 2nd tier jobs in England and Germany before I was offered the role at Sporting who had finished 3rd in the previous season and sacked their manager. Having never attempted a Portuguese team I thought, why not?

I cleared out a load of dead wood/players over 35 - they had loads! Brought in a handful of young & hungry lads with the promise of winning the title (that is to say that the board demanded it) and somehow, my team of youngsters &  few older heads kept it together and we were crowned champions of Portugal with 2 games to spare and followed it up with a win in the cup final!

Wolfsburg? Got relegated to 2. Liga...Up yours :lol:

Archived