Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my world, or at least the international part of it.

I've modded things for many a year, but this is probably the most polished thing I've done and the most accessible for other players, so here it is.

World Cup

A new 64 team format. Still groups of four, with the addition of a first round, instead of just a last 16.

World Cup Qualifying

Isn't it really bloody boring at the moment? Well, not anymore. Now it's two (or three in the case of Africa and Asia) rounds of head to head qualifying games. Two legged, proper cup ties. Lower ranked teams should enter first (let me know if that's not the case) but the luck of the draw can still mean some lesser teams going through and some bigger teams missing out. Brings the drama back to qualifying. The other big change is that there are now only four regions. Europe, Africa, Asia & Oceania, and the Americas.

Continental Cups

These are now all synced up, so no more players disappearing in the middle of the European season to play in the ANC. All on a four year rotation, all with qualifying done in the same manner as the World Cup above. Again, it's split into four sections, European Championships, African Cup of Nations, Asian Cup (Including Oceanic teams), and Copa Americas (Containing North and South America).

So what about all that spare time?

If teams are playing just a couple of qualifiers, what the hell are they doing all the time? That's a good question, I should answer it. All international teams now play in regionalised tournaments. (Pan-Pacific, Mediterranean, Balkans Nations, East African and so on...) These all have relatively similar setups, between 12 and 20 teams split into different groups etc. The idea being that people would much rather watch their team play their neighbouring nations every four years, rather than some offcut of what was once the USSR or whatever. The winners of these tournaments then qualifying for...

The Confederations Cup

32 Team tournament, first running in 2021, the year before a World Cup as it does now. The regionalised nature of the qualifiers means that you will get some smaller teams getting the chance to turn out in an international tournament. 

Finally...

The Olympics

I nearly pulled this, because the Olympics aren't really a massive football event, but I like the Olympics as a whole, and so it stayed. It's still an Under-23 tournament. The only thing I can't seem to fix, is the English u-23s becoming Great Britain U-23. If anyone knows what I've done to make that happen, and how I can fix it, then please do.

***Known issues***

Cup tie mapping. It's in there, for the World Cup, but I'm not 100% sure it's working. i've been messing with it for a couple of weeks, and can't get it to work. If anyone can fix it, have at it, just post the update below.

Also - there is no cup tie mapping in the Continental Champiionships, because some third place teams qualify, and I don't know how to map with that sort of variable. It's simply above me, but if anyone else knows, seriously, feel free to fix it!

COPA AMERICA HAS BEEN KNOWN NOT TO GO BEYOND GROUP STAGE APPARENTLY. I'VE HAD IT WORK AND NOT WORK, SO BARE WITH ME ON THS!!!

If anyone else sees anything, let me know. I've holidayed it and it's worked well so far, but I will do my best to fix things as and when people spot them, just not next week,  as I'm going Wrestlemania.

EDITED FOR ISSUE WITH THIRD PLACE PLAY OFFS!

5ac6860268649_BruceysInternationalExpansion.fmf

Archived